Thanks Thanks:  3
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Sepura read GPS Position (via AT command)

Member Reputation: 21

Default Sepura read GPS Position (via AT command)

Hi,
    we are currently getting a new TETRA Network in Germany. In order to get some own details about the network quality I am trying to write a small tool to log network signal strength while driving along. Following Setup, Sepura HRT is connected using PEI/USB cable to laptop. I have no problem to obtain the signal quality using AT Command AT+CSQ? but I am experiencing problems to get a consistent GPS Signal from the Radio. I currently use AT+CGPS=20, which delivers a GPS dataset after about 30 seconds, but this data is already old. Is there any way to get a faster result for GPS data?
    Thank you, Tobias

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 33

Default Re: Sepura read GPS Position (via AT command)

i can't help on getting gps data from tetra radio.
    what about using a secondary serial port attached to an external gps: parsing NMEA string from gps and meanwhile logging +CSQ data from radio?
    uy

Yes, this is, what i am actually doing right now. It would have been nice to use the internal one. It seams to be possible somehow with ******** devices, but I only have Sepura here. I think i have to stay with the second cable and external GPS. My bigger Problem at the moment is to get some information about neighbour cells. I have found out about the AT+CNCI? command, which displays a list with what I think are frequency and signal quality, but I can't make any sense out of these frequencies as they are not the same as the ones displayed status screen for neighbour cells on the radio...
    But thank you anyway. Tobias

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

As I found the answer to my question in the meantime. I'll share with anyone who might stumble over this posts.
    AT+CCI? delivers the currently connected cell an available neighbour cell including signal quality.
    Tobias.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

you may request the actual position-set by "at+gpspos?".

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Hi!, I've been locking for a similar solution but I couldn't find those commands describe in the ETSI specificaction so what I would like to know is if those commands are Sepura's owners or valid for another portable terminals?

BR!

The GPS Commands mentioned above worked for my Sepura Device, Moto and othes might be different. But I am no longer using the GPS data provieded by the radio, the are not updated often enough for my intended purpose. (Plotting signal quality on a map) I use a bluetooth GPS device now for position information.