Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: BCCH rx level difference(layer 3 and Neighbor window)

Senior Member Reputation: 502

Default BCCH rx level difference(layer 3 and Neighbor window)

Dear
    Some one can help with the reason of difference BCCH rxlevel in layer 3 and neighbor window in tems as i checked the difference is around 10dB and it still can not make HO to the next neighbor which it has better rx level
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 78

I can't see the attached file as my poor rep (:P) however, have u checked whether the HO margin between those cells is correct?

Dear
    thanks for your help to explain for in the layer 3 when i checked the index for BCCH for serving cell it show that MS read around -70dBm and in the neighbor window it show -80dBm we are using SFH so i think power control not effect and the second neighbor has Rx level greater than server by 20db

VIP Member Reputation: 897

Quote Originally Posted by RF engineer View Post
    Dear
    Some one can help with the reason of difference BCCH rxlevel in layer 3 and neighbor window in tems as i checked the difference is around 10dB and it still can not make HO to the next neighbor which it has better rx level
    In layer 3 the report is of not serving cell, it is of neighbor cell. The signals shown in Layer3 is of IDLE NEIGHBOR, not SERVING CELL, whereas in the other window u r served by that neighbor, there could be a milisecond difference bruv.

In second window, always the first element is the serving cell, so please don't mix it with the neighbor list shown in Layer3

Member Reputation: 1068

Quote Originally Posted by lccengr View Post
    In layer 3 the report is of not serving cell, it is of neighbor cell. The signals shown in Layer3 is of IDLE NEIGHBOR, not SERVING CELL, whereas in the other window u r served by that neighbor, there could be a milisecond difference bruv.

In second window, always the first element is the serving cell, so please don't mix it with the neighbor list shown in Layer3

also in layer 3 message it shows rxlevel srving cell..you can calculate it as(Rxlevelminacess-recived level)like(102-80=42) in layer 3 it is always +ve

dear lccengr
    you can also see the Rx level for the both serving and neighbor cell
    BR
    aso

Member Reputation: 1068

dear lccengr
    BR
    aso
    in layer 3 message it shows rxlevel srving cell..you can calculate it as(Rxlevelminacess-recived level)like(102-80=42) in layer 3 it is always +ve
    thats why both values come different

Senior Member Reputation: 690

Default Its like this

yes, you can see serving cell as well but the parameters you highlighted were incorrect. lccengr said it right, based on the diagram you showed.
    now verify the details with the image attached.
    and consider arvind also when comparing Rxlevels , in L3 they are in GSM format(0 to 63, where 0 is minimum and 63 is maximum signal strength) while in other window they are in dBm(-ve values).
    RED color blocks are for serving cell params, BLUE blocks for Neighbors.
    BR
    db

dear lccengr
    BR
    aso
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by davidbrayan; 2009-03-20 at 11:12 PM

Member Reputation: 30

Dear
    If U use E/// HW - check LAYER and LAYERTHR parameters on booth cells - maybe in one of it u found wrong values

Senior Member Reputation: 326

Dear RF engineer,
    what is the time advance value?

Dear
    Last edited by raedsab; 2009-03-21 at 12:21 AM