Thanks Thanks:  2
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Question: wimax-radio frequency channel numbers (ARFCN)

VIP Member Reputation: 1142

Exclamation Question: wimax-radio frequency channel numbers (ARFCN)

can anybody answer this please?

in GSM, LTE...etc, there is an absolute radio frequency channel number (ARFCN) for each channel of (0.1 MHz raster) across every band.

the question is: does Wimax have the same designation like LTE ?..i mean, is there any table of (ARFCN) for wimax?

i read from a report that wimax and LTE have the same Channel raster (100KHz)...but how about wimax (ARFCN)?

%% any extra info about channel raster is really appreciated + some resources or links

many thanks
    With any new experience, people try to find the edges and sneak back to the center where it’s comfortable.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 730

Default Re: Question: wimax-radio frequency channel numbers (ARFCN)

Hi LVL, I'd say why not? If a system uses RF channels then they could be designated as ARFCN. For LTE they're known as UARFCN (U = UTRA). I'm not familiar with WiMAX RF plan though. So may be I'm not answering your question fully.

As for Channel Raster, if a certain channel raster = 100KHz (for eg.) then it simply means that all ARFCN's have to be in a multiple of 100KHz. Makes sense?

For detailed info see attached file from 3GPP.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Edify...

VIP Member Reputation: 1142

Default Re: Question: wimax-radio frequency channel numbers (ARFCN)

@T_ADD

thank u my friend for ur kind reply. i really much appreciate it.

3GPP tech(s) [gsm, UMTS, LTE,..] are all designated by their corresponding (ARFCN), regardless the prefix. however, up until now i didnt find any prove that Wimax has the same table of ARFCN as for 3gpp family.

the wimax channel raster of 100 KHz = LTE 100 KHz was acquired from CEPT 40 compatibility report. Honestly, i never stumbled across such fact (plus ARFCN) for wimax anywhere but CEPT 40 report.

anyway, people working in wimax most likely can help us with some tips and feedback

many thanks .......and thanks to Stan for dropping by our post
    With any new experience, people try to find the edges and sneak back to the center where it’s comfortable.