Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: HSDPA vs HSUPA CE Consupmtion

  1. #1
    Member Reputation: 67
    Join Date
    2011-10-05
    Location
    Google Earth
    Posts
    117


    Default HSDPA vs HSUPA CE Consupmtion

    Hello Experts,

    If anyone can help undertstanding why does HSUPA consume much more Channel elements (CEs) than the HSDPA does?

    Thank you in advance..

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #2
    Member Reputation: 101
    Join Date
    2009-01-08
    Posts
    237


    Default Re: HSDPA vs HSUPA CE Consupmtion

    Hi,

    HSDPA is a common channel and as a result CEs are shared among users. essentially, users are multiplexed on a TTI (= 2ms) basis, and as a result the same resources (i.e. CEs) can be shared by everybody

    on the other hand, HSUPA is a dedicated channel which also makes use of soft handover. This situation is similar to R99 channels: CEs must be allocated on a dedicated basis for the duration of the HSUPA session, and of course different resources are required on each Node-B participating in the HSUPA active set.

    hope this helps
    Thanks and reputation if useful!!!

  4. #3
    Member Reputation: 67
    Join Date
    2011-10-05
    Location
    Google Earth
    Posts
    117


    Default Re: HSDPA vs HSUPA CE Consupmtion

    Hi,

    But as per my knowledge, the CE consumption for HSDPA will be zeo in case the SRB over HSPA feature was used, correct me If I'm missing anything here..

  5. #4
    Member Reputation: 101
    Join Date
    2009-01-08
    Posts
    237


    Default Re: HSDPA vs HSUPA CE Consupmtion

    basically, that is correct.

    because HSDPA has shared CE usage, all HSDPA users appear as if they don;t use any CE at all while in HSDPA. and this is the same not only for SRB but everything running over HSDPA

    what i want to say here is that the "shared usage" is not caprtured by (for example) DL Credit usage node-b huawei counters, and this counter appears as zero. makes sense?
    Thanks and reputation if useful!!!

  6. #5
    Member Reputation: 162
    Join Date
    2010-11-01
    Posts
    474


    Default Re: HSDPA vs HSUPA CE Consupmtion

    Quote Originally Posted by white_Noise View Post
    Hi,

    But as per my knowledge, the CE consumption for HSDPA will be zeo in case the SRB over HSPA feature was used, correct me If I'm missing anything here..

    There are also CEs for HSDPA processing but they are reserved in the NodeB and not need any additional modifications unlike UL direction. You have 1 CEs because of associated DCH channel and in case of HSDPA over SRB of course you save it.

    BR
    Alex

  7. #6
    Member Reputation: 67
    Join Date
    2011-10-05
    Location
    Google Earth
    Posts
    117


    Default Re: HSDPA vs HSUPA CE Consupmtion

    Quote Originally Posted by boring View Post
    basically, that is correct.

    because HSDPA has shared CE usage, all HSDPA users appear as if they don;t use any CE at all while in HSDPA. and this is the same not only for SRB but everything running over HSDPA

    what i want to say here is that the "shared usage" is not caprtured by (for example) DL Credit usage node-b huawei counters, and this counter appears as zero. makes sense?
    so in other words, the HSDPA does not need the NodeB CE "Processing" needed by the HSUPA..

  8. #7
    Member Reputation: 101
    Join Date
    2009-01-08
    Posts
    237


    Default Re: HSDPA vs HSUPA CE Consupmtion

    Quote Originally Posted by white_Noise View Post
    so in other words, the HSDPA does not need the NodeB CE "Processing" needed by the HSUPA..
    i don't really understand your question.

    in any case, HSDPA and HSUPA use different pools of CEs (at least for Huawei)
    Thanks and reputation if useful!!!

  9. #8
    Member Reputation: 67
    Join Date
    2011-10-05
    Location
    Google Earth
    Posts
    117


    Default Re: HSDPA vs HSUPA CE Consupmtion

    Quote Originally Posted by boring View Post
    i don't really understand your question.

    in any case, HSDPA and HSUPA use different pools of CEs (at least for Huawei)
    what I meant was, in case of SRB over HSDPA, the DL CE pool usage would be zero..

  10. #9
    Member Reputation: 101
    Join Date
    2009-01-08
    Posts
    237


    Default Re: HSDPA vs HSUPA CE Consupmtion

    yeap that is correct
    Thanks and reputation if useful!!!

  11. #10
    Member Reputation: 75
    Join Date
    2009-11-27
    Posts
    78


    Default Re: HSDPA vs HSUPA CE Consupmtion

    Hi,

    The diffenrent is, HSUPA require much CE for high speech dedicated channel with low SF, while HSDPA is only require CE for associated channel, means A-DCH, and R99, these channel with high SF.

Bookmarks

Posting Rules