Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Capacity forecasting

Member Reputation: 43

Default Capacity forecasting

Dear Experts,

Please share any useful document for Capacity Planning/ Traffic Forecasting.
    or attach some example of related project.

I'm confused to calculate cell wise utilization...as well as capacity...
    HR should be consider in capacity planning or not ?
    Utilization of lots of cells are coming more than 200%...

And specially traffic forecasting..

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 199

Dear,

Please explain a little more on what it is that you wanted to do. regarding Traffic forecasting if you are working in operator i think its worth having a tool for this case like optimi xDimension, because there are several different methods for this matter that based on your network condition and maturity you might end up using one or several.

For sure you have to take HR utilization into account, but its rate is depends on several factor, like how mature your network is, or what is your target MOS,...

Again let us know what is exactly that you are looking for

Senior Member Reputation: 502

Quote Originally Posted by alammasud View Post
    Dear Experts,

Please share any useful document for Capacity Planning/ Traffic Forecasting.
    or attach some example of related project.

I'm confused to calculate cell wise utilization...as well as capacity...
    HR should be consider in capacity planning or not ?
    Utilization of lots of cells are coming more than 200%...

And specially traffic forecasting..

Thanks
    It is better when to capacity plan use majority FR because HR gives you bad perceived quality let say 70% FR and 30% HR so that from erla it can give you the Time slot required. and from figure of utilization it seems you have problem high traffic and high congestion so it is better to redesign capacity

Member Reputation: 43

Default Traffic forecasting

Thanks for your suggestion.

I'm in operator.
    We are adding extra cabinets in one of our service area to reduce the high congestion.That means already applied HR, congestion relief, TRX Add-Delete,etc

To add cabinet we are calculating the cell level utilization. Considering Only the FR TCH to find out the capacity of each cell which is used to find the utilization.current utilization of so many cells are coming like 250% or 300%...

How to find out the traffic growth?for example if i want to add cabinet by forecasting the traffic upto june,2011. how to do this types of forecasting which will be logically acceptable.

Thanks

Member Reputation: 201

I'm in operator.
    We are adding extra cabinets in one of our service area to reduce the high congestion.That means already applied HR, congestion relief, TRX Add-Delete,etc

To add cabinet we are calculating the cell level utilization. Considering Only the FR TCH to find out the capacity of each cell which is used to find the utilization.current utilization of so many cells are coming like 250% or 300%...

How to find out the traffic growth?for example if i want to add cabinet by forecasting the traffic upto june,2011. how to do this types of forecasting which will be logically acceptable.

Thanks
    I find in internet some interesting solution related to traffic handling in GSM. It called capacity boosting.....I'm not fully understand how they doing it, it seems like some RF features optimization. Please, see downloaded PDFs attached.

Hope this will help you...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Member Reputation: 199

I'm in operator.

Thanks
    Dear,

In order to calculate Cell Utilization, i think it would be better if you take HR into consideration as well, so your resources will be increased by 30 or 50 percent and the actual utilization will dropped. so in that case you may want to trig TRX expansion after the utilization came up to 90 or even 120 percent.

Regarding Traffic forecasting, as i told you there are several different models which you have to find out which one will work for you:

Linear Regression
    Moving Average
    Double exponential smoothing
    Holt-winters seasonal model
    ARIMA
    and ...

Search the web for them, and i m sure, you will find some very useful documents.

If you have any question, feel free to contact me.

Regards
    Ali

BannedUser Reputation: 10

Hi, I couldn't download these documents, please could you resend by email: alixukl11@gmail.com, thanks a lot...

Member Reputation: 93

Smile Alcatel capacity tools

Dear friends

If anybody has ALCATEL CAPACITY TOOLS

RCT , TDT

Please share

best regards

Member Reputation: 37

Default Re: Capacity forecasting

cant download... please make availble

Member Reputation: 176

Default Re: Capacity forecasting

Capacity plan should be made with specific HR percentage 0%, 25%,50%,100%

For each cell with planned HR percentage you can get the cell capacity.

With the forecaster traffic required additional capacity can be dimensioned