Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Request - Documents on PEVQ (Perceptual Evaluation Video Quality)

Member Reputation: 97

Default Request - Documents on PEVQ (Perceptual Evaluation Video Quality)

Hi all,

Please read brief intro about PEVQ at http://www.opticom.de/technology/pev...y-testing.html

PEVQ provides mean opinion score (MOS) estimates of the video quality degradation occurring through a network, e.g. in video telephony networks. PEVQ can be ideally applied to test video streaming, video conferencing and IPTV applications. The degraded video signal output from a network is analyzed by comparison to the undistorted reference video signal on a perceptual basis. PEVQ is based on the approach to model the human visual system with which anomaly perceived in the video signal can be detected and quantified by a multitude of key performance indicators (KPIs).

We have PESQ (ITU-T P.862) for speech/voice quality assessment for most countries worldwide, but there's no corresponding standard (recommendation) for video aspects. As far as I know, PEVQ is the only standard is approved as a part of ITU-T new recommendation J.247.

If someone have papers/documents about the topic, pls upload here.

Thanks in advance,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Reputation: 4337 kamy's Avatar

take a look for that, for long time i have not taken care for this area. the MOS test for CDMA and GSM look like similar, but some differences actually. the MOS for CDMA a little bit lower than GSM. I enclosed one docs here, hope it could help.
    Last edited by kamy; 2011-04-05 at 01:56 AM

Member Reputation: 64

Post Re: Request - Documents on PEVQ (Perceptual Evaluation Video Quality)

Here is a document about it
    Attached Files Attached Files