Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: NRT DCH rejects due to lack of codes in RU10

Member Reputation: 344

Default NRT DCH rejects due to lack of codes in RU10

I have one question related to HS-PDSCH codes donwgrading when there is congestion due to lack of dpch codes (NRT DCH rejects due to lack of codes).

There is a parameter

NRT DPCH over HS-PDSCH code offset

which is responsible for hs-pdsch codes dongrades whene there is NRT DPCH codes congestion.

In RAS 6 default value is 0, while in RU 10 it is 5.

We have some cells with codes congestion, in some cases it can be corelated with RU10 implementation.

My question is - where does the change in default come from? are there some changes in the algorithm? or any other reasons?

Thanks for your help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 344

Hello guys,

No answer!!!

No body is working on RU10!!!

Br,

Nab

Member Reputation: 598

Hi Nabil,

After your post, i checked it our network. You're right. After RU-10 upgrade, HS Channel Code Downgraded on NRT.

I am going to talk with NSN, after that i will inform you.

Member Reputation: 555

Quote Originally Posted by nabil el haddani View Post
    I have one question related to HS-PDSCH codes donwgrading when there is congestion due to lack of dpch codes (NRT DCH rejects due to lack of codes).

There is a parameter

NRT DPCH over HS-PDSCH code offset

which is responsible for hs-pdsch codes dongrades whene there is NRT DPCH codes congestion.

In RAS 6 default value is 0, while in RU 10 it is 5.

We have some cells with codes congestion, in some cases it can be corelated with RU10 implementation.

My question is - where does the change in default come from? are there some changes in the algorithm? or any other reasons?

Thanks for your help
    Hi My friend,

I saw this default value changing, but i didnt see the specific reason about this changing, i didnt find any algorithm changing on RU 10.

I could be they want to prioritize the HSDPA service over NRT service

Member Reputation: 623

Thanx for ur info Bro...
    I need to check my Network ..
    coz we use RU10 also...

Junior Member Reputation: 8

Default REQ_PS_INTERA_REJ_DL_SRNC

Please do you have any explanation for the decrease of the total number of rejected NRT DCH requests for a PS Call with interactive class in the
    SRNC for reasons caused by DL radio resources, while for the UL the rejections increased a little,

Member Reputation: 598

Dear Nabil,

At the end, NSN replied to me.

This is expected behavior when 5 is selected. Meaning that when there is rejection due to code congestion, HS which using more then DPCHOverHSPDSCHThreshold will be downgrade
    This parameter defines the number of allocated HS-PDSCH codes that are not allowed to pre-empty by NRT DPCH in the case NRT DPCH code congestion. The value of the parameter is an offset from the maximum allowed number of HS-PDSCH codes.

Member Reputation: 143

Default Re: NRT DCH rejects due to lack of codes in RU10

Quote Originally Posted by maasricht View Post
    Dear Nabil,

At the end, NSN replied to me.

This is expected behavior when 5 is selected. Meaning that when there is rejection due to code congestion, HS which using more then DPCHOverHSPDSCHThreshold will be downgrade
    This parameter defines the number of allocated HS-PDSCH codes that are not allowed to pre-empty by NRT DPCH in the case NRT DPCH code congestion. The value of the parameter is an offset from the maximum allowed number of HS-PDSCH codes.
    Is it ok to tune this parameter?