VIP Member Reputation: 1948 besoeso's Avatar

Default Request: WiMAX Business Planning Tool

¿Can anyone share it?
    "Theory with practice".

Besoeso.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 88

Hi , I need this tool too, if someone have it , plz share....

BR

VIP Member Reputation: 1289

Default Planet EV

Hi Besoeso,

You can use Planet EV for Wimax.

The attached file is a slide for you

Rgs
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,
    I think besoeso is talking about a excel application for busines and services design not RNP , if someone have it , please share , i need it too......

BR

VIP Member Reputation: 263

I had a trial version of tool..I had posted at this forum.. never rxd any feedback.. may be I was much ahead of times..almost a year ago..
    Pl search..

Hi
    you are right clive , i had seen your post before , but the file is removed from rapidshare.....

BR

Member Reputation: 43

About the "WiMAX business plan" tool I cannot help you. I am not sure if a popoular package exists for it (I would like to know if there is!).

For WiMAX radio network however, my company is using Atoll at the moment and we will soon switch to ICS telecom.

We noticed problems in ACP of Atoll 2.8.0 and generally have some problem with AFP when complicated rules are applied. If the definition of the rules are not according to the guidelines of the tool, you will simply get very strange results that in no way comply with your criteria. It seems some of them are fixed in latest release (we have 2.8.1 3095), I have not tried to fully explore all the problematic issues I faced before.

We have had negotiations with ATDI and we will buy the software in close future, and I like it very much since it provides all the detail parameters and settings that you need to customize your planning.

P.S. Long time ago I tried PlanetEV, but I think the above tools are better built for WiMAX network planning.

Member Reputation: 257

Don't expect universal WiMAX or other network business planning tool. Each company has its own specific, its own history, different market and customers behavior and at last - different deployment model. What you need - basic business plan, like i have posted in other planning tools, excel knowledge and imagination, depending on your country market research and your decisions.
    With universal tool you will often get unreliable results. Network model must be your own, with full understanding of it and control of calculations.

BR, VMatas

Member Reputation: 43

I agree with your points, but I was wondering if a general business planning tool for greenfield operators without any background exists. Well, it is not going to be very popular anyways for the reasons you mentioned, and because there are very few places that it can actually be used. Usually the business plan is tailored for each project/network as you said.

Member Reputation: 257

Check this one:

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/358289634/Tool.rar
    It's very simple, but good for beginning point.
    More you find here:
    Code:
    http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?t=7490
    BR, VMatas