Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: GPRS Traffic Channel

Member Reputation: 141

Default GPRS Traffic Channel

Dear Expert,

I have a problem in studying GPRS/EDGE. I would to know how the configuration of channel that is used in GPRS. As I know, there is PDTCH channel to carry traffic of GPRS. There is also TCH to carry voice traffic. I am talking about siemens HW. I wonder how the physical channel is shared between GPRS and Voice traffic. Please help me to understand this.

Thank you very much.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 490

Quote Originally Posted by bentoel View Post
    Dear Expert,

I have a problem in studying GPRS/EDGE. I would to know how the configuration of channel that is used in GPRS. As I know, there is PDTCH channel to carry traffic of GPRS. There is also TCH to carry voice traffic. I am talking about siemens HW. I wonder how the physical channel is shared between GPRS and Voice traffic. Please help me to understand this.

Thank you very much.
    kindly explain this issue to us

Senior Member Reputation: 502

Quote Originally Posted by bentoel View Post
    Dear Expert,

Thank you very much.
    at least may be you have one Static PDCH and the other PDCh/TCH are dynamic according to traffic demand either CS or PS
    BR
    RF

Junior Member Reputation: 10

thank you very much