Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Discrepancy between salary rates

Senior Member Reputation: 490

Default Discrepancy between salary rates

Experts, can you help me to understand how companies calculate salary rates for RF positions!!!

I’m just asking as I saw a lot of discrepancies in this point
    I wish your answers don’t contain that it’s depend on Engineers nationalities or your personal negotiation skills

Anyway, just help me to understand what’s going on

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

hey, no body want to discus this point,
    I think it's very important

from my point of view and small experience,
    - I see unfortunately that your nationality and your home country currency control your rate
    - also some dirty agents don't follow the rules of just earning 12% to 20% of your rate and play around it (but of course there are respectful agents)

Member Reputation: 37

Its based on how you negotiate and the current rate in the country you want to work. It differs which country you work in.

It also depends on how well known you are and your reputation. Telco is a small world and easy to know the good people and the down right useless. When you apply for a job, word gets out and they soon find out your ability. This then reflects the price they pay for your expertise.

A good engineer will get a call at least twice a month with a nice contract job offer. There are still plenty of high paying jobs around the world for the smart engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by garry View Post
    Its based on how you negotiate and the current rate in the country you want to work. It differs which country you work in.

It also depends on how well known you are and your reputation. Telco is a small world and easy to know the good people and the down right useless. When you apply for a job, word gets out and they soon find out your ability. This then reflects the price they pay for your expertise.

A good engineer will get a call at least twice a month with a nice contract job offer. There are still plenty of high paying jobs around the world for the smart engineers.
    Very good, my friend
    can we add some figures to our discussion

Junior Member Reputation: 10

thanks for that info!