Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Need help for calibration of a propagation model using a scanner

Member Reputation: 220

Default Need help for calibration of a propagation model using a scanner

I am working on a model tuning (propagation model) of a network already on Air.
    Given the constraints of lack of equipment I use a scanner PCTEL with external antenna in the measurement chain.
    So we proceeded to lock the scanner on a specific frequency (BCCH of the cell taken as a witness to calibrate a type of clutter), the scanner has taken action in a periodic manner with a good interval between two successive measurements (100 ms). Yet the same BCCH is used by other cells, then the scanner decodes BSIC of other cells once we went a little far from the cell object of study, so we cannot take measurements of Rxlev below -80 dbm (Cell object of study is inside the coverage and it’s surrounded by other cells using the same BCCH (constraint of the frequency plan)).

My question is as follows:
    • Can we have good calibration results by using only values below - 80 dBm?
    • Have you ever used a scanner during calibration in a network on air (do you have any documents describing the procedure)?
    • After filtering from the prior test (BSIC / BCCH of the cell object of study), I have concluded approximately 4000 measurements (02 hours of Drive test with 40 km/h speed of the vehicle)) is it enough for a good calibration?

Thank you for your support.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 491

My question is as follows:
    • Can we have good calibration results by using only values below - 80 dBm?
    no, and why you have a lot of Co. BCCH near to each other (it's so strange !!!!)

• Have you ever used a scanner during calibration in a network on air (do you have any documents describing the procedure)? I will check

• After filtering from the prior test (BSIC / BCCH of the cell object of study), I have concluded approximately 4000 measurements (02 hours of Drive test with 40 km/h speed of the vehicle)) is it enough for a good calibration?

no, but you can overcoem it by making a other drive tests in other areas belonging to the same clutter properties

Member Reputation: 220

Dear expert,

The same BCCH is used withe different BSIC at the same cluster due to the insufficient number of frequencies of the operator (5 Mhz = 26 frequency =18 BCCH + 8 MAlist for 150 sites at the same city with 800 m as a distance between sites!!!).

Can you suggest us a method to do the calibration in this complicate situation ?