Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: cant flash MR19 to MTP6550 (both methods upgrade and empty flash restore)

Junior Member Reputation: 11

Default cant flash MR19 to MTP6550 (both methods upgrade and empty flash restore)

Hello all,

Wondering if someone can help with this.

Trying to flash MR19-TEA2 to a MTP6550 but in the options menu under upgrade it fails and if i try to erase flash and then try again through the "Empty Radio Flash" i get an error saying it cant create a default code plug for the version and model 5505.

anyone able to suggest why this is the case?

thanks in advance,

This is the specific error "Processing Codeplug...
    Creating Default Codeplug Version: 1315 Model: 5505
    Operation encountered Exception! Create Default data error. Version:, Model:
    Operation encountered Exception! Metadata_Not_Found
    Operation Failed._CreateDefault
    Operation stoped!
    "
    Last edited by m6sso; 2024-05-11 at 05:28 AM Reason: Additional Information

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 125

Default Re: cant flash MR19 to MTP6550 (both methods upgrade and empty flash restore)

Possible Causes and Solutions

Firmware and Codeplug Compatibility Issues:
    Compatibility Check: Ensure that the firmware version MR19-TEA2 is compatible with the ******** MTP6550 model. Sometimes, firmware is specific to certain models or hardware versions.

Version Mismatch: The error message regarding the default codeplug and the model "5505" suggests there might be a mismatch in the firmware version or the specific model configuration expected by the firmware. Verify that you have the correct firmware file for your specific radio model.

Corrupted Firmware File:
    Redownload Firmware: The firmware file might be corrupted. Try downloading the firmware file again from a reliable source, ensuring the integrity of the file.

Software Tool Issues:
    Update Flashing Tool: Ensure that the software tool you are using for flashing is up to date and compatible with the firmware version you are attempting to install. Outdated software can lead to errors during the flashing process.

Default Re: cant flash MR19 to MTP6550 (both methods upgrade and empty flash restore)

The firmware both mr19/2020/2022 are listed as compatible by ******** online in the release documentation. The issue happens with both clear and any version of tea firmware

the mismatch seems to be the more likely one as some other people I’ve spoken with say there are 2 different revisions (can’t find evidence of this so ‍♂️.

firmware file is also another possibility as they came from here.

tried with 2 versions of cps plus including the most recent one I had a licence for so unlikely on this front again)

thinking there is something funky with the radio hardware that’s causing this. If anyone has a mtp6550 who doesn’t mind sharing a code plug for there radio on a version mr19 would they kindly send me a copy of the code plug file to try and see if I can do something with it and compair some fields you can blank the TEI and serial number

Member Reputation: 209

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

There are two different MTP6650 versions:
    one with support up to MR18a FW9335 and end of support, no more upgrade avaible,
    and one other version, still up to date to the latest firmware.
    Please check the firmware upgarde matrix for the MTP6650 model:
    https://ibb.co/jDBF5jd

6. Thanks zopoloid thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by 580-Gabor View Post
    There are two different MTP6650 versions:
    one with support up to MR18a FW9335 and end of support, no more upgrade avaible,
    and one other version, still up to date to the latest firmware.
    Please check the firmware upgarde matrix for the MTP6650 model:
    that would do it. However results pending it seems as if you can fudge the firmware in to the radio and disable parts that the newer model doesn’t have.

also my dyslexia caught me out when reading there is a 6550 and 6650 so that probably didn’t help.

Member Reputation: 34

Quote Originally Posted by 580-Gabor View Post
    Existem duas versões diferentes do MTP6650:
    uma com suporte até MR18a FW9335 e fim do suporte, sem mais atualizações disponíveis,
    e outra versão, ainda atualizada com o firmware mais recente.
    Verifique a matriz de atualização de firmware para o modelo MTP6650:
    Hello Mr. Gabor! I have an mtp6750, and I would like to know if it is possible to expand the scan groups, from 20 to 30 groups, through depot? Thanks!