Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Atoll Simulation - Addition of Low Band Increases Resource Saturation

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Atoll Simulation - Addition of Low Band Increases Resource Saturation

Hi everyone,

I am performing an LTE FDD simulation on a small traffic map (8km^2) with varying user densities (10-50 users/km^2).
    The area is served by 1 sector and 45 MHz of spectrum spread across three bands.
    We will be using 40 MHz of carrier mid-band spectrum and 5 MHz of low band. The application requirement is ~300 kbps DL+UL and I've set the traffic load and DL/UL activity factors to 100%.
    It is configured in the tool as 3 discrete transmitters with independent cells (on different bands) on the same site.

When I run the simulation and only utilize the 40 MHz of mid-band spectrum, the users are served. Great!

However, when I enable the low band spectrum to the simulation, the DL/UL traffic load on the low band reaches 100% (leaving the 40 MHz of mid band unutilized(1-2% utilization)), and 50-60% of users in the simulation are rejected due to resource saturation!

The RSRP of the low band is evidently higher in the traffic circle, and I am wondering if there is a setting in Atoll that manages intracell handovers or traffic management?
    As a workaround should I lower the power of the low band?

Let me know if you have a clue

Cheers!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

VIP Member Reputation: 2737

Default Re: Atoll Simulation - Addition of Low Band Increases Resource Saturation

Try using Layer. There you can set the priority for each Layer. You can also set an Individual offset at the cell level. You can change the Best server