Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Reprise License Manager ISV

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Reprise License Manager ISV

New here. Tought maybe someone can help with Reprise License Manager.

Previously, I have used the pubkey injection method, which until version 13 worked fine.

RLMPubkey by xiaolei0517 was also awesome, but the github has been removed.

Anywyas injection desn't work well anymore, since main exe is compressed or something from v 14. I have seen others patching the ISV to always return a pass regardless of the key, which should work fine, but I have no idea how to do.

Can anyone here help with this, point to the right direction. Where I can read, how I can learn. Searched a lot but don't find anything on this topic.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 271

Default Re: Reprise License Manager ISV

nothing new in v14/v15, just old RLM pubkey injector not work with new versions of the RLM

@BfoX Yes, still possible to change pubkey in RLM ISV and add a fifth key I think, but software exe in new version is compressed or something and not easy to change pubkey. Also, I would very much like to learn the other method. It is more solid

Read also that there is theoretically possible to brute-force. Where could I find more resources on that topic?

Sample ISV: https://we.tl/t-oKci3akOkA
    Last edited by fpass; 2024-04-22 at 04:32 PM

"brute-force" what?!

your 'bitplane' file is not protected, public key is present in plain, rlm version 14.1.3.0
    just hands and head can help you =)

happy research...
    Last edited by BfoX; 2024-04-23 at 03:49 PM

@BfoX Like I said in the original post, main software exe is compressed. ISV is not. Maybe I was unclear. See example from https://we.tl/t-kvmaxP4esG

One could inject the ISV but not the software so the method does not work.

Anyways, that is not the main issue. I said I wanted to learn the other method. The question is how "to patch the RLM ISV to always pass", instead of changing the pubkey.

Also, I said I have searched and did not find anything on the subject. That is why I am asking for directions here. "Happy research" adds abbsolutely nothing to the thread.

One would brute-force the private key to be able to generate sigs I reccon!? What else could one possibly brute-force!? The topic is RLM ISV. I didn't think that was possible, but like I said, I read somewhere, and therefore was wondering if anyone here knew anything more on the topic.

Thanks for response. It is much appreciated. But so far it is not in the right direction, or helpful. Only condescending.

The final line: do you know how to patch the ISV or not?

about "patch" - the patch way is same as flexlm - checkout need return TRUE for license.
    about "main software" - sure, need patch both: server (if used) and client. or use the proxy-dll for dynamic patch.
    about "brute-force the private key" - you can see to post-generated 'rlm_pubkey.c' and 'rlm_privkey.c' for the keys length.
    about "Only condescending" - the best way for job if make it by self, imho.

add:
    about "main software exe is compressed" - your file have the hasp srm/sl shell from last version of the Hasp LDK v9.x.
    Last edited by BfoX; 2024-04-24 at 02:13 PM

@BfoX Awesome! Thanks. This is a good start. I start reading up on all these topics...