Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Looking for a GSM/2G TRAU, what surplus equipment should I buy?

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Looking for a GSM/2G TRAU, what surplus equipment should I buy?

I am a GSM/2G enthusiast, and I am looking for a piece of equipment that implements the "Transcoder" function described in this Wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base_s...tem#Transcoder

In GSM standard specs this component is called TRAU (Transcoder and Rate Adapter Unit), but I don't know if major equipment vendors (E*******, Nokia, Siemens) called it by some other name in their designs. I want one of these for my lab - just for lab use only, to experiment with exactly how it implements TFO. I don't care if it is Nokia or Siemens or E******* or any other brand, as long as it is a transcoder unit which I can operate by itself (ideally the kind that goes from A to Ater interface), and as long as it supports TFO. Any suggestions as to which specific equipment I should look for on the surplus market?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Looking for a GSM/2G TRAU, what surplus equipment should I buy?

I did a little more research, and I found that at least in Nokia universe, the piece of equipment I am looking for is called TCSM, which stands for Transcoder and Submultiplexer. There were several different generations; for my purposes I would be happy with either TCSM2 or TCSM3i. If anyone has such Nokia surplus equipment for sale, I would be very interested, and I would be willing to pay for shipping from anywhere on the globe.

It does not have to be Nokia, though - I would be just as happy with an equivalent unit from Siemens or from Brand E (interesting how this site does not allow that name to be written openly), but I don't know (haven't learned yet) what their versions are called.

Member Reputation: 101

Contact me for a full Nokia BTS

Quote Originally Posted by ranengpro View Post
    Contact me for a full Nokia BTS
    The equipment I am looking for is not a BTS, it is a unit that sits between the BSC and the MSC (higher up in the network hierarchy), usually colocated with the MSC, although it can also be placed next to the BSC. Nokia called it TCSM, and I am looking for either TCSM2 or TCSM3i version.