Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Atoll AFP Module LTE

Member Reputation: 44

Default Atoll AFP Module LTE

Hi all,

I'm trying to do a PCI allocation for a 3CA LTE project with the AFP module. What I need to sett to have the same PCI for all carriers (in mirror) per sector? Based on documentation if there are different eUTRA bands then shouldn't be a PCI conflict for intra-carrier relations (I use co-site inter-carrier neighbors relations). Even if I use LTE inter-band strategy - Same allocation from constrains , Atoll allocate different PCIs for the same sector. If I allocate the PCI manually I get PCI conflicts between these carriers.
    It's there an Atoll.ini setting?
    BR
    Last edited by smartel; 2024-02-06 at 05:21 PM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 387

Default Re: Atoll AFP Module LTE

We did this before by planning the PCI for our blanket low band carrier (L800), assuring that we have this carrier deployed on each eNB .

Then we allocated the planned-PCI manually for all cells under the sector .

The post remaining conflicts after the plan can be fixed by PCI-detection-feature under SON .

Quote Originally Posted by smartel View Post
    Hi all,

I'm trying to do a PCI allocation for a 3CA LTE project with the AFP module. What I need to sett to have the same PCI for all carriers (in mirror) per sector? Based on documentation if there are different eUTRA bands then shouldn't be a PCI conflict for intra-carrier relations (I use co-site inter-carrier neighbors relations). Even if I use LTE inter-band strategy - Same allocation from constrains , Atoll allocate different PCIs for the same sector. If I allocate the PCI manually I get PCI conflicts between these carriers.
    If there an Atoll.ini setting?
    BR

I know that these conflicts can be corrected by the SON, but I ask on principle. Are the same PCI from different carriers considered conflicts?
    BR

VIP Member Reputation: 2736

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

It seems to me that the problem here is that different Bands will have different Cell Ranges. Because of this, the PCI assigned to the lower Bands will have a significant limitation for the high Bands.

◼Under Co-site allocation, you can:
    ◼Select an LTE inter-band strategy. If you select Identical allocation, the AFP will try to allocate the same PCI to co-site LTE cells using frequency bands that do not overlap with each other and whose transmitter azimuths 10 degrees are within from each other. This constraint only applies to cell pairs that have the same PCI domain

Thank you dmitry, but the cell range should be the same. A I said below there are inter-carrier relation (3x20MHz carriers in the same band).
    BR

VIP Member Reputation: 1934

Maybe I'm wrong, you have one frequency band with three bands?
    You need to see the Online Help or User Manual Radio section "Planning PCIs and NPCIs".
    ""You can assign PCIs and NPCIs manually or automatically to any cell in the network. Once allocation is completed, you can audit the PCIs and NPCIs, view their reuse on the map, and make an analysis of PCI or NPCI distribution. Atoll can automatically assign PCIs and NPCIs to the cells taking into account the selected strategy, allowed allocation domain, interference matrices, reuse distance, and any constraints imposed by neighbours.In order to automatically allocate physical cell IDs, you must have the following option set in the Atoll.ini file:
    [License]
    Basic_LTE_AFP = 1
    ""

Quote Originally Posted by smartel View Post
    Hi all,

It's there an Atoll.ini setting?
    BR
    BR Slava

Thank you Slava,

Yes, I used AFP and the audit option after allocation. .
    I use 3 carriers in the same band (3x20MHz B1 for example). My question is why I got neighbors conflict warning for inter-carrier relations if I use the same PCI because the EARFCN is different.
    BR
    Last edited by smartel; 2024-02-14 at 06:18 PM

VIP Member Reputation: 1934

You may have made a mistake when creating a project.
    Can you send your project to me?
    Last edited by slava121; 2024-02-14 at 09:45 PM
    BR Slava