Thanks Thanks:  2
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: SRG3900 features

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Default SRG3900 features

Hi guys,

So I have a brand new SRG3900 that I have purchased on Ebay. When typing #477 on the console, I see that it has multiple features such as Bluetooth, 10WRF, Repeater Call Participation, etc.. But it looks like those features are not usable, even when they are enabled in RM. So what could be the problem ? Do I need to put in a SALT license to activate these features ? Or it is something else ?

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: SRG3900 features

Quote Originally Posted by SC2024 View Post
    Hi guys,

So I have a brand new SRG3900 that I have purchased on Ebay. When typing #477 on the console, I see that it has multiple features such as Bluetooth, 10WRF, Repeater Call Participation, etc.. But it looks like those features are not usable, even when they are enabled in RM. So what could be the problem ? Do I need to put in a SALT license to activate these features ? Or it is something else ?

Regards

Any idea guys ? I’m still confused about Sepura licenses.

Junior Member Reputation: 11

best way to check the repeater participation is can you 1. go in to repeater mode and 2. Can you par-take in a call when one is active.
    AFIK the SRG3900 does not have Bluetooth unless its an option in one of the new control heads.

5. Thanks SC2024 thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by m6sso View Post
    best way to check the repeater participation is can you 1. go in to repeater mode and 2. Can you par-take in a call when one is active.
    AFIK the SRG3900 does not have Bluetooth unless its an option in one of the new control heads.

I can’t put it in Repeater mode, there is just Trunk mode and Direct mode. But I just asked myself, why is there a Repeater Call Participation license if the Repeater mode is not enabled ? Doesn’t make sense to me. About the Bluetooth I knew that SRG mobiles doesn’t have it, so apparently there is Bluetooth in the control head ? I didn’t knew that. Mine is SCC1 I think.

Junior Member Reputation: 11

The STP series can have Bluetooth as an option board. The SRG3900 have no mention of it at all. However the SCG22 supports it so I'm wondering if its in a new firmware in the head is all I can think off.

Just wondering if the firmware has options that apply across the 2 models.

Quote Originally Posted by m6sso View Post
    The STP series can have Bluetooth as an option board. The SRG3900 have no mention of it at all. However the SCG22 supports it so I'm wondering if its in a new firmware in the head is all I can think off.

Just wondering if the firmware has options that apply across the 2 models.

Could be. Or maybe the SCG22 has a Bluetooth option board from the get go. Regarding licenses, I think that I will need to put in a SALT license to activate most of the features I have. Still not sure but if you or someone can confirm it, would be great.

Member Reputation: 28

Hi!

That are the functions of the feature license SALT2. I think, you have 1769 as firmware. This features is for all radios. I have the 10W feature in a STP9040 too and the 9040 can´t transmit with 10W.

10. Thanks c.magnum thanked for this post