Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: paging sub channel

Member Reputation: 111

Default paging sub channel

what is a paging subchannel...is it like one of the 4 Time slots of a CCCH block.....???
    Last edited by guess.who; 2009-07-31 at 04:18 PM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

or to be precise , one of the 4 time slots of the paging blocks

Member Reputation: 555

Hi,

in CCCH Group consist of 9 CCCH Timeslot, which is shared between AGCH and PCH, but usually AGCH could reserve on specific Timeslot and the rest is shared with PCH (but PCH is take first priority when there is paging in queue). For example AGCH block reserved 4 slot, so 5 slot are used for both AGCH and PCH.

Each timeslot (both AGCH or PCH) will consists of 4/5 subslot (CMIIW)

See attached
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gprastomo; 2009-07-31 at 04:25 PM

thank for the response friend....
    but my query remains the same....I knew that there are 9 CCCH in Main BCCH Mutiframe combination.....out of these some are reserved for AGCH and rest for PCH..... Lets say in our case 5 PCH "BLOCKs" are there with each having 4 timeslots in it......my question is what are Paging Subchannels... Do we call these 4 time slots in each paging group as Paging Subchannels or are they something else???

Member Reputation: 555

Quote Originally Posted by guess.who View Post
    thank for the response friend....
    but my query remains the same....I knew that there are 9 CCCH in Main BCCH Mutiframe combination.....out of these some are reserved for AGCH and rest for PCH..... Lets say in our case 5 PCH "BLOCKs" are there with each having 4 timeslots in it......my question is what are Paging Subchannels... Do we call these 4 time slots in each paging group as Paging Subchannels or are they something else???
    Hi,

I think you should synchornize with the one you are talking about this, and draw it
    For me CCCH conisist of 9 timeslot, it can be PCH Timeslot or AGCH timeslot. each Timeslot consists of PCH/AGCH Subslot.
    But the concept should be the same, just problem on naming.