Thanks Thanks:  3
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Throughput degradation in Nokia TDD

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Throughput degradation in Nokia TDD

Hi All

recently we activated inter frequency HO in our sites(before we had just one frequency but now we have two), but we faced throughput degradation in city level, what's relationship between these two? can it be due to ping pong HOs?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 532

Default Re: Throughput degradation in Nokia TDD

The degradation started after Second carrier activation or Inter Freq HO activation?

If because of Inter Freq HO activation:
    - Check threshold2interfreq (Measurement start for Inter Freq should not be very aggressive and should be close to A3/A5 thresholds so that no un-necessary measurements are active)
    - Most of the modern smart phones don't need a measurement gap for Inter freq measurement so throughput for them should not be impacted
    - What is the bandwidth for F2 layer? If less than F1 then UE throughput may be less once he moves to F2-Low BW layer

Quote Originally Posted by iman1896 View Post
    Hi All

recently we activated inter frequency HO in our sites(before we had just one frequency but now we have two), but we faced throughput degradation in city level, what's relationship between these two? can it be due to ping pong HOs?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks!

Pass: optimizer

4. Thanks iman1896 thanked for this post

Hi Sir, thanks for your answer

now i am sure this is because of active inter freq HO, because i temporary disabled it in one city and throughput is coming back to normal trend

attached is the list of parameters which set on whole sites according to our network baseline, can you please guide me which parameter i can change to solve this issue?

2019-05-13_9-35-03.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by khurrambilal01 View Post
    The degradation started after Second carrier activation or Inter Freq HO activation?

If because of Inter Freq HO activation:
    - Check threshold2interfreq (Measurement start for Inter Freq should not be very aggressive and should be close to A3/A5 thresholds so that no un-necessary measurements are active)
    - Most of the modern smart phones don't need a measurement gap for Inter freq measurement so throughput for them should not be impacted
    - What is the bandwidth for F2 layer? If less than F1 then UE throughput may be less once he moves to F2-Low BW layer

Member Reputation: 238

Hi

seems you have kept interfreq measurements at earlier threshold -97..Handover will get trigger at -109. so almost 13 dB difference . its better to keep 2 to 3 dB difference in measurement and trigger.

Rgds
    Plannerguy

7. Thanks iman1896 thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 532

Quote Originally Posted by iman1896 View Post
    Hi Sir, thanks for your answer

now i am sure this is because of active inter freq HO, because i temporary disabled it in one city and throughput is coming back to normal trend

attached is the list of parameters which set on whole sites according to our network baseline, can you please guide me which parameter i can change to solve this issue?

2019-05-13_9-35-03.jpg
    Please try to make threshold2interfreq closer to A5 inter freq thresholds.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks!

Pass: optimizer

9. Thanks iman1896 thanked for this post

Hi All,FYI, problem rectified with change threshold2a and threshold2ainterfreq to -107/-109thanks for your support.