Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Flexible Bandwidth based on overlap carriers

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Flexible Bandwidth based on overlap carriers

Dears,

Here we use 1900 Mhz band for LTE and GSM (20 Mhz bw) Now is 15 Mhz LTE, and 5 Mhz GSM. We want to put at least 18 Mhz to LTE and 2 Mhz to GSM.

I've seen 2 features

1.-Compact Bandwidth, but according to the docummentation doesn't work with 1900 Mhz band. Do you know if possible to use with 1900?

2.- Flexible bandwidth based on overlap carriers. I think this is the one that we could use, but I'm not sure how the other carrier should be configured, like configuring 15 Mhz carrier and other 3 mhz carrier.

Any information that you have.

We can't implement Cloud Air, that was the other suggestion.

Thanks!

2. Thanks justdream thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 87

Default Re: Flexible Bandwidth based on overlap carriers

Hi,

No experience on 1900, but on 2100:
    Tested overlap carriers however it was not any real benefit. With 1x10MHz + 1x5MHz overlapped by 600kHz the performance on both were OK with no load but in live environment there was throughput loss on the 10MHz which was the pre-existing carrier. Base KPI was slightly degraded. No impact to adjacent RAT.

Ended up going with compact bandwidth. It was successfully tested using a spectrum analyzer in the testbed to check that the RU/RRU were actually capable of restricting the bandwidth correctly and to check with a number of handsets. It was also tested in the live network and there was no impact apart from slightly reduced Ue throughput. Obviously you shift the EARFCN to suit the space you want to keep for the other RAT. Got a good performance lift and the adjacent RAT was unaffected.

Parameters involved:
    CustomizedBandWidthCfgInd
    CustomizedULBandWidth
    CustomizedDLBandWidth

Regards

Thanks for your answer!

Please if you can let me know about to doubts:

1.- With flexible overlap carriers, when you create the 1X5mHZ, the double deck only allows the user to camp on the 10Mhz cells, or you get also users camping or connected to the cell with the small bandwidth? I would no like that users get connected on the 3Mhz cells, because throughput is going to be very low. I don't understand and don't have any info how the double deck works. If you have any info,

2.- For Compact Bandwidth which version of ERAN do you have? Because even for ERAN 15.0 the documentation also doesn't includes 2100 band.

Quote Originally Posted by bawbag11 View Post
    Hi,

No experience on 1900, but on 2100:
    Tested overlap carriers however it was not any real benefit. With 1x10MHz + 1x5MHz overlapped by 600kHz the performance on both were OK with no load but in live environment there was throughput loss on the 10MHz which was the pre-existing carrier. Base KPI was slightly degraded. No impact to adjacent RAT.

Ended up going with compact bandwidth. It was successfully tested using a spectrum analyzer in the testbed to check that the RU/RRU were actually capable of restricting the bandwidth correctly and to check with a number of handsets. It was also tested in the live network and there was no impact apart from slightly reduced Ue throughput. Obviously you shift the EARFCN to suit the space you want to keep for the other RAT. Got a good performance lift and the adjacent RAT was unaffected.

Parameters involved:
    CustomizedBandWidthCfgInd
    CustomizedULBandWidth
    CustomizedDLBandWidth

Regards
    Also if you can please let me know wich RRU 2010 you used for the test. Thanks

Member Reputation: 87

Hi,

1. Camping was allowed on both carriers so users who got onto the 5MHz one had poor performance in comparison to 10MHz, you can configure differently of course however the whole cell layer priority question especially as we use idle MLB just made the feature not attractive for performance.
    2. From memory SRAN12.1. The initial tests were done on RRU3829 but across the network there is mostly WRFU and smaller number of RRU, no documentation existed but we tested and raised icare tickets to get confirmation that the feature was supported from H. Just try and see if the cell will come up with the parameters set .

Regards

Senior Member Reputation: 372

Hi,

Just wanted to mention the same happens with 850MHz. It is not mentioned in the documentation (neither our RRU's model), however it works. Here using L850@8.8MHz in > 300 cells...

VIP Member Reputation: 1933

RRU3828 only works in UMTS mode, the frequency range is 2100 MHz.

Hi,

1. Camping was allowed on both carriers so users who got onto the 5MHz one had poor performance in comparison to 10MHz, you can configure differently of course however the whole cell layer priority question especially as we use idle MLB just made the feature not attractive for performance.
    2. From memory SRAN12.1. The initial tests were done on RRU3829 but across the network there is mostly WRFU and smaller number of RRU, no documentation existed but we tested and raised icare tickets to get confirmation that the feature was supported from H. Just try and see if the cell will come up with the parameters set .

Regards
    BR Slava

VIP Member Reputation: 1933

Josstx! Which
    R
    RU do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Josstx View Post
    Dears,

Here we use 1900 Mhz band for LTE and GSM (20 Mhz bw) Now is 15 Mhz LTE, and 5 Mhz GSM. We want to put at least 18 Mhz to LTE and 2 Mhz to GSM.

I've seen 2 features

1.-Compact Bandwidth, but according to the docummentation doesn't work with 1900 Mhz band. Do you know if possible to use with 1900?

2.- Flexible bandwidth based on overlap carriers. I think this is the one that we could use, but I'm not sure how the other carrier should be configured, like configuring 15 Mhz carrier and other 3 mhz carrier.

Thanks!
    BR Slava

Lightbulb Re: Flexible Bandwidth based on overlap carriers

Hi,

Regards

Thank you very much! I tried with RRU3942 and RRU3953 and works perfectly.

Moderator Reputation: 473

Quote Originally Posted by Josstx View Post
    Dears,

I've seen 2 features

Thanks!
    There is similar feature introduced called "Flexible Carrier Band width" in E******* . It works in W+5 and G+L and W+L+G mode .

B
    R