Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How the FDD is forbidden on CPEs

Member Reputation: 16

Default How the FDD is forbidden on CPEs

Hi,
    In my network if you insert SIM in a mobile handset it can camp on TDD and FDD, but when same SIM card is used on CPE it will only camp on LTE TDD and if there is no TDD coverage but there is FDD and 3G it will ignore FDD and go to 3G, keeping in mind that those CPEs support FDD for sure, so basically Users are not allowed to camp on FDD through CPEs, this is confirmed in my network, but how is this done from core side and what kind of signaling or communication to the SIM??
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Mdaf; 2018-12-17 at 11:06 AM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 80

Default Re: How the FDD is forbidden on CPEs

Dear,
    We did it with SPGID.

Member Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by magno22 View Post
    Dear,
    We did it with SPGID.
    Thanks Magno, could you please explain more what exactly is this? And if any documents explain signaling.
    Regards,

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mdaf View Post
    Hi,
    In my network if you insert SIM in a mobile handset it can camp on TDD and FDD, but when same SIM card is used on CPE it will only camp on LTE TDD and if there is no TDD coverage but there is FDD and 3G it will ignore FDD and go to 3G, keeping in mind that those CPEs support FDD for sure, so basically Users are not allowed to camp on FDD through CPEs, this is confirmed in my network, but how is this done from core side and what kind of signaling or communication to the SIM??
    Thanks in advance
    Hello,
    this can be done from CN side by declaring different TAC/LAI in LTE TDD from the one on LTE FDD and in the HSS declare the forbidden list of TAC/LAI per UE, UE will definitivelly receive the attach accept from the NW only if the TAC is not in the forbidden list.