Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: WCDMA: How is much is increased the velocity of the chips after spreading?

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Lightbulb WCDMA: How is much is increased the velocity of the chips after spreading?

Hello,

I know that the data channel send information at a certain rate and it is increased during the channelization coding to 3.84 mcps.

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-30 a la(s) 23.16.42.jpg

But after this , follows the 'spreading' that will cause that the data rate will increase even more but since the channel has a bandwidth of 5 Mhz , then how is this possible?

( I mean 3.84mcps x SF > 5Mhz )

Thanks to everyone!!

PD:
    I'm trying to learn this stuff on my own and its a bit complicated in some points. If Im getting this wrong please let me know it means a lot for me!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 722

Default Re: WCDMA: How is much is increased the velocity of the chips after spreading?

Hi.
    Attached you can find a course about WCDMA Air Interface. Please read section 3 UMTS PHYSICAL LAYER.
    Hope it helps you
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. Thanks hakimgsm thanked for this post
    Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Re: WCDMA: How is much is increased the velocity of the chips after spreading?

Thank you sir , Would you mind send that to my email? I cannot download it cause I don't have more than 15 of reputation.

Here my email: ycaza.marco@gmail.com

I appreciate it a lot.

Senior Member Reputation: 591

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Your diagram is partly wrong. Only the channelization code causes user data spreading; the scrambling code does not. The chip rate of 3.84Mcps along with room for filter roll-off will occupy a bandwidth of 5 MHz.