Thanks Thanks:  2
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: RUS 01 SFP Modules

Member Reputation: 27

Default RUS 01 SFP Modules

Hello everyone,

Reading this (which is for RRUS, and not RUS, but I expect them to be close enough), it states that prior to 12/01/2017 RDH10265/25 SFP module should be used, after that date, a RDH10247/25 module should be used instead. I have a few questions concerning this information:

1. The "old" module seems to be a 10Gbit one, while the "new" one is only 2.5Gbit. What is the actual link capacity required for proper operation? Is the info I found wrong? the /25 at the end of both subtly suggests that they are both 2.5Gbit. Nevermind, eBay photo of the old module says that it is in fact 10Gbit.
    2. What would happen if I use the "old" module after the "deadline"?
    3. Would the RRUS accept any generic SFP module other than those 2? I managed to find "compatible" modules (to the "old" one), but they all mention to be "uniquely" programmed.

Thank you,
    EM
    Last edited by mevgheni; 2018-10-29 at 05:58 PM Reason: found new info on ebay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

VIP Member Reputation: 1933

Default Re: RUS 01 SFP Modules

There are no restrictions on the use of SFP modules.
    Can you send photos of these two modules?

Quote Originally Posted by mevgheni View Post
    Hello everyone,

Reading this (which is for RRUS, and not RUS, but I expect them to be close enough), it states that prior to 12/01/2017 RDH10265/25 SFP module should be used, after that date, a RDH10247/25 module should be used instead. I have a few questions concerning this information:

1. The "old" module seems to be a 10Gbit one, while the "new" one is only 2.5Gbit. What is the actual link capacity required for proper operation? Is the info I found wrong? the /25 at the end of both subtly suggests that they are both 2.5Gbit. Nevermind, eBay photo of the old module says that it is in fact 10Gbit.
    2. What would happen if I use the "old" module after the "deadline"?
    3. Would the RRUS accept any generic SFP module other than those 2? I managed to find "compatible" modules (to the "old" one), but they all mention to be "uniquely" programmed.

Thank you,
    EM

4. Thanks mevgheni thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 722

Default Re: RUS 01 SFP Modules

Hi.
    I have no idea about these codes but about your question
    What is the actual link capacity required for proper operation? I would say the following:

According to CPRI standards:
    Option 3 - 2.5G CPRI has 40MHz of Antenna Bandwidth
    Option 5 - 5G CPRI has 80MHz of Antenna Bandwidth
    Option 7 - 10G CPRI has 160MHz of Antenna Bandwidth

Some examples:
    1) one Radio Unit per sector. No cascading. LTE 10 MHz MIMO 2x2: 10MHz x 2 (MIMO)=20MHz --> 2.5G CPRI (max 40MHz, up to LTE 20MHz MIMO 2x2)
    2) one Radio Unit per sector. Cascading with 3 sectors. LTE 10 MHz MIMO 2x2: 10MHz x2 (MIMO) x 3 (SECTORS)=60MHz --> 5G CPRI
    3) one Radio Unit per sector. Cascading with 3 sectors. LTE 20MHz MIMO 4x4: 20MHz x4 (MIMO) x 3 (SECTORS)=240MHz --> It's not possible to cascade 3 sectors. 2 sectors cascading (160MHz) with 10G CPRI and third sector stand-alone with 5G CPRI (80MHz)

For every case you should analize and design accordenly

Hope it helps
    Nyquist

6. Thanks mevgheni thanked for this post