Thanks Thanks:  6
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: HSDPA Throughput Problem

Member Reputation: 25

Default HSDPA Throughput Problem

Hi Everbody, I have a question regarding data rates for HSDPA measurement. When I try to download 1 file (FTP Get) with TEMS using command sequence I can't reach high data rates, when i additionally download 1 more file from ftp server at the same time with TEMS is downloading my HSDSCH Throuhput increases almost upto 1.5 times of the sinle download rate. This happens not in all cells and this happens both in Huawei & E******* equipment. Do anyone have an idea on this problem?

Thanks,
    Ali

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 555

Hi this is not a problem...
    To acieve higher throughput when you conduct a trial, it is recommend to do multisession download (multiple download in the same time), this will give you better throughput instead of one session download.

i dont know what is the exact problem, this only practical experience.

br

Quote Originally Posted by gencerali View Post
    Hi Everbody, I have a question regarding data rates for HSDPA measurement. When I try to download 1 file (FTP Get) with TEMS using command sequence I can't reach high data rates, when i additionally download 1 more file from ftp server at the same time with TEMS is downloading my HSDSCH Throuhput increases almost upto 1.5 times of the sinle download rate. This happens not in all cells and this happens both in Huawei & E******* equipment. Do anyone have an idea on this problem?

Thanks,
    Ali

Member Reputation: 34

Hi my freind,

Check Windows settings : Tcp receive windows; black hole detection, Dial up (RAS) MTU..... see picture in attachement.

I had the same problem with Alcatel Lucent equipement.

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

VIP Member Reputation: 1849 wolverine's Avatar

This is caused by the TCP layer. When you dl a file using TCP (like FTP does) you will inevitably get some dropped packets. When this occurs, TCP "backs off". In a real radio environment this happens all the time, so TCP constantly keeps ramping up and then backing off. By having more than one TCP connection open (i.e. additional FTP downloads) the statistical probability that both TCP connections will experience dropped packets at the same time is decreased so when one of them slows down the other doesn't and vice versa. When testing higher HS speeds (7.2 and above) even more (3, 4)concurrent FTP sessions provide benefit.

If you ever test using UDP (either with something like TFTP or a UDP flooder), you will not experience this problem as UDP doesn't have any flow control mechanisms.

Senior Member Reputation: 448

Quote Originally Posted by markos View Post
    This is caused by the TCP layer. When you dl a file using TCP (like FTP does) you will inevitably get some dropped packets. When this occurs, TCP "backs off". In a real radio environment this happens all the time, so TCP constantly keeps ramping up and then backing off. By having more than one TCP connection open (i.e. additional FTP downloads) the statistical probability that both TCP connections will experience dropped packets at the same time is decreased so when one of them slows down the other doesn't and vice versa. When testing higher HS speeds (7.2 and above) even more (3, 4)concurrent FTP sessions provide benefit.

If you ever test using UDP (either with something like TFTP or a UDP flooder), you will not experience this problem as UDP doesn't have any flow control mechanisms.
    my friend
    could you please share some suggestions or parameters default and recommended values for the following problems:

1. HS call drop at good EcIo environment after just HS call setup without start the download.
    2. HS call drop due to HS cell change not successful and while returning original cell.
    3. HS call drop because of no neighbor channel found in the AS but there is stronger neighbor in MN set.
    4. HS drop due to pilot pollution.
    5. HS drop due to poor EcIo value
    6. HS cell change failure
    7. HS call setup failure
    8. HS call setup ok but no throughput
    9. HS call setup ok but Low throughput
    10. HSDPA low throughput how to increase throughput
    11. HSUPA low throughput how to increase throughput
    12. HSDPA throughput good but not stable
    13. HSUPA throughput good but not stable

thanks in advanced

Member Reputation: 423

Try to optimize PC TCP configurations with attached tool
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Best Regards !

8. Thanks titoe80 thanked for this post

Default Re: HSDPA Throughput Problem

good tools....very useful.
    br

Junior Member Reputation: 10

I want to get that tool.
    but I can't download.
    How can i get this file?
    plz help me

Member Reputation: 96

Smile Re: HSDPA Throughput Problem

Quote Originally Posted by tremalnike View Post
    Try to optimize PC TCP configurations with attached tool

Hi,
    can you please share in rapid or 4shared.

thanks

captain

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Reputation: 27

Hi,

First, you have to check power available for hsdpa.

Then you CQI reported by UE
    CQI adjustment feature activation
    UE capability
    With or without flow control feature activation
    PDU size 656 activation
    IUB bandwith

Hope that will help you

Don't forget reputation :-)