Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Nokia/EADS Tetra terminal reset

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Nokia/EADS Tetra terminal reset

Is there a way to reset the terminal into factory settings if you don't have the security code into that radio? I might have forgot one of mines... And if I try out too many times wrong codes does it then some how "lock" it for certain amount of time? Because I have tried everything that came to my mind and it always says code error so Im not sure anymore is it just saying it no matter what I type there because I have type it wrong so many times in the first place.
    Last edited by Miwey; 2018-08-28 at 07:56 AM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Reputation: 13

Default Re: Nokia/EADS Tetra terminal reset

If you mean the PIN code upon startup, you can read the codeplug from the radio with the programming software and the code should be visible.

Author is probably asking for key press sequence to reset terminal, similar to Nokia phones.

Well I tried to restart the radio and now before it shows even EADS logo it ask the security code. I can do nothing with TPT either when the radio is lock with security code. So guys please don't mess with it. My radio is now officially bricked paper weight until that code come to my mind or someone knows how to reset the radio somehow. Next I probably need to contact some authorized dealers and ask if they can do something. Only thing that comes to my mind which I don't know how its done is to update the firmware even tho its the latest one but still over run the firmware so it would maybe reset the security code as well. Other than that I am running out of ideas.

I find bunch of codes and resetting "tricks" to old Nokia phones but the trick I tried didn't work and the codes I cannot try since I cannot access to the mainscreen anymore.

Not good.

I am not EADS guru at all, and looks like we run out of them here at finetopix.com. Just a few people knew a little, but not more. Sad but true.

About FW upgrade - do you have Nokia FPS prommer with proper service cable with RJ45 connector? If NO, FW upgrade will be impossible. Check this out http://www.metacafe.com/watch/107475/nokia_fps8/ EADS the same prommer and similar setup.
    Last edited by AnRegs; 2018-08-30 at 04:04 PM

I do not have the tools for updating the firmware. I contacted one authorized dealer and he said that the security code should be possible to change via TPT even if you don't know the code that it has at the moment. He said he can do it for 25€+shipping so not bad if considering that the radio is otherwise useless.

25€ is damned cheap! Because most of dealers I know charge from 60 Euro to 350 Euro per radio (dedending on what they do and radio quantity).

Quote Originally Posted by AnRegs View Post
    25€ is damned cheap! Because most of dealers I know charge from 60 Euro to 350 Euro per radio (dedending on what they do and radio quantity).
    Yes that's very cheap but shipping from here to them via tracked and insured is around 85 euros in one way. Ofc you can ship without insurance and tracking number much cheaper but the risk is not worth it.