Thanks Thanks:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Atoll Atoll.Std.x64.3.3.2.11009_RS EPRE per antenna port_Feature

VIP Member Reputation: 1716 DANORM's Avatar

Default Re: Atoll Atoll.Std.x64.3.3.2.11009_RS EPRE per antenna port_Feature

you can set "PDCCH Overhead (No. of Symbol Durations per Subframe)" in "Frame Configuration" in Network Settings

VIP Member Reputation: 1933

PDCCH can not be 0

Good day to all!
    I found an explanation for my question. Formulas for calculating RS EPRE are presented in Atoll 3.3.2 Technical Reference Guide Radio. The formulas themselves look like this:

reference signal EPRE_1.jpg

reference signal EPRE_boost.jpg

Good day to all!
    I found an explanation for my question. Formulas for calculating RS EPRE are presented in Atoll 3.3.2 Technical Reference Guide Radio. The formulas themselves look like this:

reference signal EPRE_1.jpg

reference signal EPRE_boost.jpg

Attachment 41542

Atoll 3.3.2 Technical Reference Guide Radio.part2.rar

Attachment 41543

The first application, in fact Atoll 3.3.2 Technical Reference Guide Radio.part1. Why did it happen so I do not know.
    Chapter 6.4 Calculation Details provides an explanation for all my questions.
    I hope it will be useful not only for me.

With best regards, Slava.

P.S. In order to make it easier to download the manual I attach the link:
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4Nns/F9A8RoUsj
    Last edited by slava121; 2018-08-24 at 09:20 PM

5. Thanks uel888 thanked for this post
    VIP Member Reputation: 1716 DANORM's Avatar

can you specify which are the offsets in that formula?

Good afternoon, DANORM!
    When calculating the Reference Signal EPRE power, the offset is taken into account according to the formula in the picture!

Безымянный.jpg

8. Thanks DANORM thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 55

Quote Originally Posted by DANORM View Post
    you can set "PDCCH Overhead (No. of Symbol Durations per Subframe)" in "Frame Configuration" in Network Settings
    found this in the help i am a bit confused because i tought you can set only 3 DB extra depending on the amount of ports either on PBCH or PDCH
    but it looks like i can set as much as i want on all the channels

Max power (dBm): The cell’s maximum transmission power. You can enter or modify this value if the RS EPRE option under the Advanced options on the Global Parameters tab of the LTE Network Settings folder’s Properties dialog box is set to any of the following:

Calculated (equal distribution of unused EPRE)

Calculated (with boost): This option corresponds to a 3 dB boost in the RS EPRE with 2 transmission antenna ports and 6 dB boost with 4 ports.

Calculated (without boost)

Independent of max power

The transmission powers corresponding to different channels are calculated using Max power, the energy per resource element offsets defined for the SS, PBCH, PDSCH, and PDCCH, and the number of resource elements corresponding to each channel, all of which are also calculated by Atoll.
    Max power is calculated by Atoll from the user-defined RS EPRE value if the RS EPRE option in the Global Parameters of the LTE Network Settings folder is set to User-defined.
    RS EPRE per antenna port (dBm): The reference signal energy per resource element. You can enter or modify this value if the RS EPRE option under the Advanced options on the Global Parameters tab of the LTE Network Settings folder’s Properties dialog box is set to User-defined or Independent of max power.

This value is calculated by Atoll from the user-defined max power value if the RS EPRE option under the Advanced options on the Global Parameters tab of the LTE Network Settings folder’s Properties dialog box is set to any of the following:
    Calculated (equal distribution of unused EPRE)

Calculated (with boost): This option corresponds to a 3 dB boost in the RS EPRE with 2 transmission antenna ports and 6 dB boost with 4 ports.

Calculated (without boost)

For more information, see Global Network Settings.
    SS EPRE Offset/RS (dB): The difference in the energy of a resource element belonging to the synchronisation signals with respect to the energy of a reference signal resource element. This value is used to calculate the transmission power corresponding to the primary and secondary synchronisation signals (PSS, SSS).

PBCH EPRE Offset/RS (dB): The difference in the energy of a resource element belonging to the PBCH with respect to the energy of a reference signal resource element. This value is used to calculate the transmission power corresponding to the physical broadcast channel (PBCH).

PDCCH EPRE Offset/RS (dB): The difference in the energy of a resource element belonging to the PDCCH with respect to the energy of a reference signal resource element. This value is used to calculate the transmission power corresponding to the physical downlink control channel (PDCCH).

PDSCH EPRE Offset/RS (dB): The difference in the energy of a resource element belonging to the PDSCH with respect to the energy of a reference signal resource element. This value is used to calculate the transmission power corresponding to the physical downlink shared channel (PDSCH).

Atoll first calculates the energy per resource element corresponding to the reference signal resource elements, the SS, PBCH, PDSCH, and PDCCH. Once the energies available for each of these resource element types are known, they are converted into transmission powers for further calculations. In the offset fields above, you must enter the offsets, i.e., the difference in the energy levels, for one resource element of each type. For example, if a resource element belonging to the SS has 3 dB less energy than a resource element of the downlink reference signals, you should enter -3 dB in the SS EPRE Offset. Atoll will then calculate the actual transmission power of the SS, i.e., all the resource elements of the SS, from this offset and the number of SS resource elements per frame.
    Instantaneous RS power (dBm): The instantaneous reference signal transmission power calculated from the maximum power or RS EPRE and the EPRE offsets.

Instantaneous SS power (dBm): The instantaneous SS transmission power calculated from the maximum power or RS EPRE and the EPRE offsets.

Instantaneous PBCH power (dBm): The instantaneous PBCH transmission power calculated from the maximum power or RS EPRE and the EPRE offsets.

Average PDCCH power (dBm): The average PDCCH transmission power calculated from the maximum power or RS EPRE and the EPRE offsets.

Average PDSCH power (dBm): The average PDSCH transmission power calculated from the maximum power or RS EPRE and the EPRE offsets.

If the cell’s transmitter has a beamforming smart antenna equipment assigned to it, the transmission powers of the cell increase by (in dB), where n is the number of antenna elements of the beamforming smart antenna. This gain in transmission powers is referred to as the AAS power combining gain.

Member Reputation: 55

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by slava121 View Post
    Good afternoon, DANORM!
    When calculating the Reference Signal EPRE power, the offset is taken into account according to the formula in the picture!

Безымянный.jpg

http://www.sharetechnote.com/html/Ha...otalPower.html

11. Thanks Stantheman, Roman99 thanked for this post