Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Is someone spying on my cell phone?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Default Is someone spying on my cell phone?

i live with my step family not family so a while ago i got a new phone number, and just gave it to my closest two friends.
    my new number papers are in an easy to open drawer.

the other day a day after one of the people i live with asked me if i am using a real old number and i said no, they walked away.

then early the next morning i got a random call from a number on the outskirts of where i live. suddenly that day all my messages would blink on and off, or would reach me a bit late, or would fail to send the first time.

i reset my phone myself, is that enough to get rid of any phone tapping

(this step family knows people who are so morally corrupt and has no problem tapping my phone, but gods knows why, i barely even socialize after some trouble they worked hard on causing in my personal life)

what can i do, short of getting another number to get rid of these people's bad habits and of spyware on my phone, surely if i want to get a new number and not share it with them its my right to do so!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 181

Default Re: Is someone spying on my cell phone?

use old phone such as Nokia 3110

Member Reputation: 730

tapping a cell phone would mean cloning but only if the HLR/HSS of the network allows it. The first thing to wonder would be why would someone want to listen in on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by kellygirardi View Post
    i live with my step family not family so a while ago i got a new phone number, and just gave it to my closest two friends.
    my new number papers are in an easy to open drawer.

the other day a day after one of the people i live with asked me if i am using a real old number and i said no, they walked away.

then early the next morning i got a random call from a number on the outskirts of where i live. suddenly that day all my messages would blink on and off, or would reach me a bit late, or would fail to send the first time.

i reset my phone myself, is that enough to get rid of any phone tapping

(this step family knows people who are so morally corrupt and has no problem tapping my phone, but gods knows why, i barely even socialize after some trouble they worked hard on causing in my personal life)

what can i do, short of getting another number to get rid of these people's bad habits and of spyware on my phone, surely if i want to get a new number and not share it with them its my right to do so!
    Edify...

Member Reputation: 730

And what difference would that really make?
    Quote Originally Posted by uel888 View Post
    use old phone such as Nokia 3110
    Edify...

Junior Member Reputation: 10

What phone do you use, just to know is it smartphone or not?
    You said sending messages, did you mean sending them over internet or via sms? Calls probably go via gsm not over internet.

If you have access to internet I would consider using apps like Telegram instead of Whatsapp. They take their users privacy much more seriously than whatsapp for example does. Only problem is when changing to something else than Whatsapp is that most ppl do not use it so you need to get them change too. For geeks its pretty easy to change out of Whatsapp but for normal ppl who do not know anything about IT stuff its not. Also try avoid wifi connections when home and especially if the network is not secured with anything, its probably the easiest way to spy innocent ppl. That blinking and failed to send messages sounds weird though. I could bet that if someone is spying your phone it can do it without you noticing it at all. But I am not familiar with cell phone hacking so cant say for sure.

Then I also wonder is it even legal in states to spy other ppls phone? Not that you could do much about it.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

If you get a brand new phone and need certainly to leave the paperwork in that drawer, get a black, indelible marker, black out all calling numbers on the page how to spy on a cell phone without having it.

You phone might have a block number facility onto it, have the menus and see.