Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: can't find console/rs232 port for repair Huawei UMPT(BBU3900) board

VIP Member Reputation: 1852 carver's Avatar

Default can't find console/rs232 port for repair Huawei UMPT(BBU3900) board

Anybody can help mу find console/rs232 port for repair Huawei UMPT(BBU3900) board ?

I need to repair the board when the USB-Ethernet cable isn't yet configured in Huawei Linux.

here it photo (GPS and radiators already removed)

umptb2f.jpg
    Last edited by carver; 2019-09-04 at 01:07 AM Reason: add image url
    /carv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 108

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Default Re: can't find console/rs232 port for repair Huawei UMPT(BBU3900) board

Can you specify the issue a bit more? You suspect this is a board fault or a config fault?

"then the USB-Ethernet cable isn't yet configured in Huawei Linux"

You mean that after boot, you cannot access the weblmt via the normal 192.168.0.49/24 address with the LMT cable? That port can be disabled by the way in the config. In that case, finding the correct transport side IP and or VLAN config to access the site is going to be an interesting task... There is no known factory reset mode of the Huawei BBU's without prior access to the weblmt.

On your pictures the "CAN_UART" connector is the most interesting, the rest looks more like JTAG interfaces. You need to measure this interface and attach a TTL serial converter to it. But make no mistake: it is very unlikely even if you do find a UART/Serial interface that you will have access to the RTOS running on that board.

4. Thanks carver thanked for this post

yes, absolutely right.
    I'm interested in RTOS console for Uboot access
    (on this board it's called iWare ARM EFI BIOS)

I analyzed the boot procedure,
    Indeed, USB-Ethernet is closed in Linux via iptables,
    but then it is activated later by the MPT application.

can_uart is really serial ttl, but unfortunately from the SD5000 processor.
    there are such ones on each board, it seems that these boards communicate in a shelf via the CAN bus.
    Last edited by carver; 2019-09-09 at 04:30 PM
    /carv

Member Reputation: 108

In most cases, even if you do find a viable console access, you will see that the consoles are locked by user name and passwords which are not matching the ones for the weblmt. In some cases I have also seen that enodeb vendors locked the SSH access with public key authentication and they provide keys in special circumstances (mostly to debug exotic issues in a live system), which are only valid until the next software update. The one thing I have never seen is an open terminal access.

By the way, are you sure it is linux, and not VxWorks or something like that? Because if it really runs linux, we can ask for the GPL source code :-)

Can you share the boot log? It can be in private if you dont want to put it up. Would be interested in the driver stack.

possibly in Huawei motherboards with MPC/PPC processors - VxWorks is used.

UMPTb2 uses its own hisi hi1380 processor, it is ARM BigEndian, and it uses the Linux kernel.
    I couldn't find where more such a processor was installed yet.

I'm also not sure about ssh, in my opinion there is simply no "sshd/telnetd" daemon on the board,
    besides these ports are closed on HiFE0(USB3-Eth) via iptables.

there is still HiFE1 on the processor, but so far I haven't understood whether it is used,
    and it can't help without telnetd/sshd(busybox).

Unfortunately I don't have a boot/dmes log.
    To get it I need the console that I’m looking for ((
    Last edited by carver; 2019-09-11 at 04:33 AM
    /carv