Thanks Thanks:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: 3D Coverage in Atoll

VIP Member Reputation: 1716 DANORM's Avatar

Default 3D Coverage in Atoll

Hi

How to modell/show 3D coverage in Atoll like below, if i have building heights map?

2018-05-21_11-56-40.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 402

Default Re: 3D Coverage in Atoll

Hi DANCESTORM

I've been searching for this for some time now. How does one create such a view in ATOLL. I have ADTI clutter & Terrain files for my region just need to know how to
    create this wonderful overlay [file] for ATOLL using Global Mapper, could you help

REGDS Jesterbean

VIP Member Reputation: 1933

Good afternoon, DANCESTORM! Atoll does not display a 3D image of the coverage area! But these heights of buildings are taken into account when performing calculations of the coverage area.

That is also my question, how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Jesterbean View Post
    Hi DANCESTORM

I've been searching for this for some time now. How does one create such a view in ATOLL. I have ADTI clutter & Terrain files for my region just need to know how to
    create this wonderful overlay [file] for ATOLL using Global Mapper, could you help

REGDS Jesterbean

Yes Atoll does the coverage prediction, considering building heights. But that screenshot is taken from Atoll presentation and it is showing 3D coverage in Google Earth.

https://www.slideshare.net/JaChangMa...ing-tool-atoll

Another example is from that presentation, it is also showing in Google Earth. I think there is some way to generate it in 3d and then export it in Google earth and map with 3D buildings:

http://www.finetopix.com/showthread....ities-in-Atoll

34.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by slava121 View Post
    Good afternoon, DANCESTORM! Atoll does not display a 3D image of the coverage area! But these heights of buildings are taken into account when performing calculations of the coverage area.

7. Thanks dacoder thanked for this post

Good afternoon, ! I am familiar with these presentations. Using the "Export to Google Earth" add-in, you can export the "Coverage by Signal Level (DL)" file in kmz format. The exported image in Google Earth is superimposed on the relief. In the presentation, "LTE-A Pro and 5G Capabilities in Atoll", slide 32, shows a picture with a coating on the building, 3D. Perhaps in the new version of Atoll, the file kmz, 3D is exported. Maybe I'm wrong. What version of Atoll do you use?

I am using 11009 version. I also think that in the new version might be 3D exporting option.

Which other software can do 3D visualization?

As i know there is in Mentum and also in Winprop? No idea about ATDI.

Quote Originally Posted by slava121 View Post
    Good afternoon, ! I am familiar with these presentations. Using the "Export to Google Earth" add-in, you can export the "Coverage by Signal Level (DL)" file in kmz format. The exported image in Google Earth is superimposed on the relief. In the presentation, "LTE-A Pro and 5G Capabilities in Atoll", slide 32, shows a picture with a coating on the building, 3D. Perhaps in the new version of Atoll, the file kmz, 3D is exported. Maybe I'm wrong. What version of Atoll do you use?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Good afternoon! There is a resource "http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/G-NetTilt/G-NetTilt.php", with which you can construct a covering base station sectors. The source data can be used from Atoll.

11. Thanks Roman99 thanked for this post
    Senior Member Reputation: 496

Hi
    Take a look at attached doc on page 8.

https://files.fm/u/e9bzj664

Good afternoon!
    Look what you managed to get, using the export capabilities of Google Earth:
    1. In the first picture, the base station is shown. At a distance of 420 meters is the building, which is modeled in
    SketchUp.
    2. Picture # 2, shows "LTE: Coverage by Signal Level (DL) 0", for this base station. The color shows the signal levels. The overlaying picture is a bitmap.
    3. Picture # 3, # 4 "LTE: Coverage by Signal Level (DL) 0 - Multi-storey Prediction". Vector images for different reception heights of 1.5 and 4.5 meters.
    "LTE: Coverage by Signal Level (DL) 0 (1.50 m)", "LTE: Coverage by Signal Level (DL) 0 (4.50 m)". Such an image, as on page 8 of the application that Mahdi provided, does not work. Maybe someone has ideas how to do this?

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/6Xa5/uHYGUg354