Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Surplus MTP700: how to reflash?

Junior Member Reputation: 13

Default Surplus MTP700: how to reflash?

Hello I have two second hand MTP700, I also have the CPS software, latest firmware file (as far I know) R030003375, a homemade usb cable that works fine (I will post a how-to as soon I modify the connector, now is a quick & dirty solution)

Both radios are programed to the latest user, and codeplug protected by password, I don't want how can I wire the clear firmware and new codeplug?

Best regards and a lot of thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 62

Default Re: Surplus MTP700: how to reflash?

Quote Originally Posted by xload View Post
    Hello I have two second hand MTP700, I also have the CPS software, latest firmware file (as far I know) R030003375, a homemade usb cable that works fine (I will post a how-to as soon I modify the connector, now is a quick & dirty solution)

Both radios are programed to the latest user, and codeplug protected by password, I don't want how can I wire the clear firmware and new codeplug?

Best regards and a lot of thanks in advance.
    First of all, do NOT touch any "erase" functions. If you erase the codeplug, your radio will be bricked.
    Second, just read the radio in CPS. It will ask for password, but the trick is, that CPS reads the whole codeplug into the temporary file prior to decrypt it. This file is located in the "Backup Codeplugs" folder.
    Then you can use CPPR tool to read the password from the backup.

That's it.
    Last edited by RA1AIE; 2018-04-09 at 03:08 AM

Junior Member Reputation: 13

Default Re: Surplus MTP700: how to reflash?

Quote Originally Posted by RA1AIE View Post
    First of all, do NOT touch any "erase" functions. If you erase the codeplug, your radio will be bricked.
    Second, just read the radio in CPS. It will ask for password, but the trick is, that CPS reads the whole codeplug into the temporary file prior to decrypt it. This file is located in the "Backup Codeplugs" folder.
    Then you can use CPPR tool to read the password from the backup.

That's it.
    A lot of thanks RA1AIE I tried with lab CPS version and worked fine.