Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Parser for Nemo logfiles. Where is 3G Cell ID?

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Parser for Nemo logfiles. Where is 3G Cell ID?

Hello,
    i am trying to develop a Nemo parser with Visual Basic. My problem is that i can't find UMTS Cell ID in logfiles. The only identifier for UMTS cells i found is Scrambling Code in CELLMEAS but this is not unique in the area. For 2G and 4G i found cell ID but what about 3G? Any help?

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 241

Default Re: Parser for Nemo logfiles. Where is 3G Cell ID?

cell id of UMTS should be there.
    it may present in long cell id format with 28 bits.
    can you share a sample log file

regards,
    isha

Quote Originally Posted by ottipe View Post
    Hello,
    i am trying to develop a Nemo parser with Visual Basic. My problem is that i can't find UMTS Cell ID in logfiles. The only identifier for UMTS cells i found is Scrambling Code in CELLMEAS but this is not unique in the area. For 2G and 4G i found cell ID but what about 3G? Any help?

Thanks in advance

Member Reputation: 48

Default Re: Parser for Nemo logfiles. Where is 3G Cell ID?

Hi ottipe,

It is true, the cell ID is not broadcasted in 3G network, everything related to the cells is identified via their unique Scrambling Codes (SC) that should be not reused in a certain geographically area. The correlation between the SC and the related cell ID is made automatically by Nemo just in case that you have data-filled the cells database otherwise you will see into the logs just the SC (the same principle is applied for the TEMS, too).

In case that you want just to parse the Nemo log files (2G/3G/4G for mobile and/or scanner devices) you may use Agileto PRO Edition module 4.3 like is presented on the picture below:
    Nemo_Parsing.jpg

You can get online for free the BASIC licence for Agileto PRO Edition and you may run the module 4.3 anytime for free... For more details check the user guide:
    http://www.agileto.com/docs/Agileto_Help.pdf

By the way, currently there is a special promotion in case you may be interested:
    http://www.agileto.com/payment.html#Promo