Thanks Thanks:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: MTP700 Please need your kind help ...

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default MTP700 Please need your kind help ...

Dear friends,

Could you please lend me a hand ?

I've got an old Moto MTP700 with R03.000.3325 and would like to read/change codeplug and/or make my own one to suit my needs.

Could you please advise me about the cps version to be used ?

I have bought a side usb cable to programm it.

One Million thanks in advance.

Sabrina

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 62

Default Re: MTP700 Please need your kind help ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina2005 View Post
    Dear friends,

Could you please lend me a hand ?

I've got an old Moto MTP700 with R03.000.3325 and would like to read/change codeplug and/or make my own one to suit my needs.

Could you please advise me about the cps version to be used ?

I have bought a side usb cable to programm it.

One Million thanks in advance.

Sabrina
    You need TETRA Carrier CPS MR3.1.6. But keep in mind that there are no side cables, as well as USB cables, for MTP700. The only way to program this radio is the bottom connector usage, with proper RS232 cable of course (******** part number PMLN4504A). All other cables, that Chinese guys selling on eBay, are fakes and will not work with MTP700, even if they're declaring MTP700 support.

4. Thanks Sabrina2005 thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 101

You can make a simple Interface for a bottom connector, there are schematics on Internet.

6. Thanks Sabrina2005 thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by RA1AIE View Post
    You need TETRA Carrier CPS MR3.1.6. But keep in mind that there are no side cables, as well as USB cables, for MTP700. The only way to program this radio is the bottom connector usage, with proper RS232 cable of course (******** part number PMLN4504A). All other cables, that Chinese guys selling on eBay, are fakes and will not work with MTP700, even if they're declaring MTP700 support.
    Dear friend,
    Many thanks for your kind help.

OK, I disregarded this fake usb chinese cable....brrrr and managed to get a good RS232 bottom connection one. To be honest I did already pressume that. Thank you !

Ref. CPS, I could find MR3.1.6_R7A_398_01 and. MR3.1.6_R7A_398_01_lab. Any of them good ?

Thanks for your support.

Sabrina
    Last edited by Sabrina2005; 2018-03-30 at 08:18 AM

Quote Originally Posted by ranengpro View Post
    You can make a simple Interface for a bottom connector, there are schematics on Internet.
    Dear friend,

Many thanks for your kind reply and suggestion. However, in spite of my efforts trying to find an schematics, I am not quite sure about the good one to be used. I mostly could see ******** Universal one, basically for GM models but I am not sure wheter it will be also good for MTP700.... I am really interested in making it.

Also, I have the service manual showing bottom connections and some skills in electronics. No problem.

Do you have the schematics link or something ? Thanks a lot.

Sabrina

Edit: I've found the MTP700 homemade schematics but unfortunately I cannot get it since I do not have sufficient privileges yet. Can you or anybody upload/send it to me ? Thank you so much. It's here:
    http://www.finetopix.com/showthread....ar-3-1-6/page4
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Sabrina2005; 2018-03-30 at 07:28 AM

Member Reputation: 62

Write me a PM, I can try to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by RA1AIE View Post
    Write me a PM, I can try to help you.
    PM sent. Thanks a lot for your kind assistance.

Junior Member Reputation: 13

hello Sabrina2005 and RA1AIE can you send me the homemade schematics by PM or email?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by xload View Post
    hello Sabrina2005 and RA1AIE can you send me the homemade schematics by PM or email?

Thanks in advance.
    Dear xload,

I am a newbie on tetra and am trying to learn from the experienced people on this forum. However, I believe I can help you on this matter...
    I could not get the schematics (it all was a big misunderstanding on my side...)
    Therefore, I did it this way:
    Very easy and straight....
    1. buy a tiny RS232-->>> TTL converter from Aliexpress https://goo.gl/QXDyy9
    2. buy a small power supply (3.3V/1A is good enough)
    3.Take 5 tiny cables with 4 pin connector to connect to the RS232 adapter
    (2 cables for vcc 3.3V and GND) the other 3 (one is GND common and the other 2 are TXD and RXD)
    Vcc, GND, RX and TX are printed on the RS232 to TTL converter PCB, don't worry.
    4. Now to connect to the mtp700, or whichever model, if you do not have the corresponding bottom base, you can carefully use a hot glue gun
    and let cables touch the corresponding bottom pinout pad. After, the glue can be easily taken off.

5. In the case of mtp700, you must connect this way:
    MTP700 RS232 to TTL converter (PCB printed on)
    ---------------------- ----------------------------------------------
    MTP700 Pin 1 (GND) to RS232 to TTL converter GND---------------------->(common 2 cables)
    MTP700 Pin 2 (TXD) to RS232 to TTL converter TXD
    MTP700 Pin 3 (RXD) to RS232 to TTL converter RXD
    ................................RS232 to TTL converter VCC (3.3V) ------------->

6. Connect DB9 connector (RS232) to PC COM1 or COM2 either directly or with a null cable extension.

7. Turn on your old PC with Windows XP preferably. Open CPS ----> passw: user or admin --->read radio, etc...

Anything else you should need, please PM me. I'll help you as much as I can.

Note: The above has been proved to be okay for me. That does not mean it will be for you. In any case take your best care and use your electronics skills in order not to destroy or brick your device. I am not responsible at all for any damage you may cause to your equipment.

Cheers,
    Sabrina
    Last edited by Sabrina2005; 2018-04-03 at 07:52 PM

Junior Member Reputation: 13

A lot of thanks Sabrina2005, I think that I will try with FT232RL like this http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_310801_1.jpg I think my electronic skills are enough, unfortunately I have not found the lower connector to buy it, I should improvise something.

Did you finally get the firmware and software files? can you send me a link to download both files?

A lot of thanks again.