Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Modify clutter

Member Reputation: 259

Default Modify clutter

I noticed that clutter class is not correct for my clutter map. Instead "forest" it is "urban".
    Is there a way to manually change clutter class for specific area (polygon)?
    Which tool to use?

thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 117

Default Re: Modify clutter

Hi,
    You can change it with Atoll. Just go to the clutter and right click. You willthen be able to modify, add or make any change.
    BR

4. Thanks justdream thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 259

Thanks, this worked.

Another question: clutter map from ATDI is using several clutter types (codes) for road, - like vegetation, urban, water ...
    is there a way to correct this? If I combine those clutter types to one, I am loosing all this clutter types on other areas ...
    In GM I can see clutter types values not only integer, but also decimal (like 4.543) and then reclassing in VM gives such results ...

Any advice?

in GM colors are showing not-integer values

In Atoll

VIP Member Reputation: 1401

Borelij, in Global Mapper, right click on the clutter dataset and open "options", set to "No Blend", No Resampling and untick the Hill Shading options (if you have the clutter as a height file). This stops Global Mapper feathering the clutter values and generating non-integer values.

If you have it as a height map then I don't believe you can change the clutter values (heights) in GM, you will need to get the dataset in Global Mapper as a raster file, then from memory I usually re-assign the clutter classes as 8 bit grey scale values, export it as 8 bit bil and bring it back in as a height file, then save as .asc ... while making sure you keep data as integer values ... been a while since I have done this. Let me know what file formats you are using and/or post a link to a sample plus tell me the re-assignments you want to make and I'll have a look at it.

BR's, Stan.