Thanks Thanks:  4
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: USB logger for multikey emulator

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default USB logger for multikey emulator

Does anyone have any suggestions for any usb loggers that will work with dongle emulators? The only one I have found is bustrace but it crashes and I get a blue screen whenever the dongle starts sending information. Even in Virtualbox and my actual OS. I also tried device monitoring studio but it didn't seem to show the emulator. I am studying how the hasp dongle works. I've mostly got my software working without a dongle but I am trying to study how the hasp dongle works as well as get my software working. It would be helpful to compare the emulator with the normal logs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 271

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Default Re: USB logger for multikey emulator

Quote Originally Posted by aykfc View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions for any usb loggers that will work with dongle emulators? The only one I have found is bustrace but it crashes and I get a blue screen whenever the dongle starts sending information. Even in Virtualbox and my actual OS. I also tried device monitoring studio but it didn't seem to show the emulator. I am studying how the hasp dongle works. I've mostly got my software working without a dongle but I am trying to study how the hasp dongle works as well as get my software working. It would be helpful to compare the emulator with the normal logs.
    try to search a BusHound 5.x/6.x logger, he can make log from multikey

4. Thanks Roman99, -bup- thanked for this post

some help here =)

6. Thanks aykfc, anr27835 thanked for this post

Thanks BfoX for replying. I did find Bushound and tried it and it does show the multikey emulator. Unfortunately, as soon as I start logging anything it crashes with a blue screen. Even if I try to log the actual dongle it will still crash. I first tried it in virtual box on XP and 7 but the virtualbox crashes. I then tried it on my actual windows 7 operating system. Each time it crashes. I've tried different hasp drivers as well. Have you heard of anyone else having issues with bushound?

Quote Originally Posted by aykfc View Post
    Thanks BfoX for replying. I did find Bushound and tried it and it does show the multikey emulator. Unfortunately, as soon as I start logging anything it crashes with a blue screen. Even if I try to log the actual dongle it will still crash. I first tried it in virtual box on XP and 7 but the virtualbox crashes. I then tried it on my actual windows 7 operating system. Each time it crashes. I've tried different hasp drivers as well. Have you heard of anyone else having issues with bushound?
    i not need use bushound - i have the multikey source for job...

I have the source as well for it. I had not considered approaching it that way but it should be able to give enough information so I can study the differences and see how it communicates with the software and drivers. Thanks for your time. I am sure I will have more questions eventually lol.