Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Difference in SIB messages plmn content for MORAN Vs MOCN Vs MVNO?

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Default Difference in SIB messages plmn content for MORAN Vs MOCN Vs MVNO?

Hi
    I need a clarification on the SIB message content in case of different roaming scenarios.

1)Let us consider MOCN first.
    In this case we have RAN being shared between operators and each operator is having it home plmn ID corresponding to its home core network .

Say US Cellular is roaming(LTE) on T- mobile.
    USC has its on core network but using T-Mobile RAN..

The SIB1 messages will be having the plmn ID of T-Mobile as well as u.s. Cellular.
    So my question is will T-Mobile subscribers will also be able to see the US cellular plmn ID..? What I mean to ask is that the same
    SIB message is being read by both us cellular as well as t mobile SIM cards and it will select the allowed plmn ID which is stored in the SIM card?

2)In case of MORAN, where both the operators have its own radio network and core network shared so that the plmn ID is same?
    Or is there any provision for using two different plmn IDS even in case of sharing the same core network?
    In this case the SIB1 messages received from the radio network to both of us cellular and T mobile will display say the plmn of T-Mobile alone in both the UEs(assuming t mobile Core network is shared)?
    This means the subscribers of both the T-Mobile and US Cellular will latch to a single plmn which is displayed in the SIB 1 messages?

3)What will be the case of MVNO in roaming?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Default Re: Difference in SIB messages plmn content for MORAN Vs MOCN Vs MVNO?

@volverine any help in this regard

Member Reputation: 50

Default Re: Difference in SIB messages plmn content for MORAN Vs MOCN Vs MVNO?

hi

My view is as follows

MOCN - In case of MOCN , two PLMNs will be broadcast and the UE from both network will read the SIB1 and by this they know they can access the network. The eNodeB based on the PLMN id will route the call the relevant MME. So effectively , PLMN1 UE will only be able to register on PLMN1 even though on RF you see two PLMN

MORAN - In case of MORAN , there are two separate cells , but each will only broadcast its own PLMN , so SIB1 of two cells will have their own respective PLMN. eNodeB chooses MME based on the cell from which UE Is accessing the network.

MVNO - either the MVNO PLMN should be broadcasts or network which is hosts the MVNO PLMN will allow access. Or in the SIM on MVNO , HPLMN would be defined

Hope it helps

5. Thanks esoestemp thanked for this post