Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Nokia 2G FlexiBSC - SDCCH Measurement Reports - BTSPlus

Member Reputation: 159

Default Nokia 2G FlexiBSC - SDCCH Measurement Reports - BTSPlus

Hi,

Can anyone advise what this parameter does and what would be the real life effect of disabling it.

Parameter is :
    SDCCH Measurement Report Sending
    (SMREPS)
    Its under managed object BTS for Siemens BTSPlus RBS' only. Hosted on a Nokia BSC.
    Ie, parameter is not there for Nokia RBS. Only for a Siemens RBS.

It is my belief that this parameter when enabled is causing an alarm, telecom link overload (LAPD Overload).

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 47

Default Re: Nokia 2G FlexiBSC - SDCCH Measurement Reports - BTSPlus

where did you find such parameter ? it seems your solution is GEmini (nokia bsc + btsplus siemens)
    usually all parameters are in siemens db_description ... but i couldnt find this one...
    my advice would be disable it in some cells
    also take into accound number of TRX per node so you can really believe there´s lapd overload ...

Member Reputation: 47

ok found it, ihad the job of my life to make it work nokia libraries for 2g again...

I also found that you can set lower value on the rate of sending with parameter IMREPS

in old siemens equipment you could enable in abis the existence of meas_reports for testing purposes (the only way to evaluate real time was by pluggin a tektronic in aBis to read contents)
    btw, i still believe you can disable it

siemens doc:

param>: RADIOMR=OFF, range: ON, OFF default: OFF
    Radio measurement reports, specifies whether radio measurement report transmission via the Abis interface is enabled. Since in the SBS the preevaluation of measurement reports for handover decisions is done in the BTS, normally no measurement reports are sent from BTS to BSC. In some cases, however, it is useful to monitor the measurement reports on the Abis interface for test purposes. Only in this case the feature should be activated since it results in additional load on the LPDLR links. The frequency of the measurement reports to be sent via the Abis can be controlled by the following parameter RADIOMG (see below).

Quote Originally Posted by oswe View Post
    where did you find such parameter ? it seems your solution is GEmini (nokia bsc + btsplus siemens)
    usually all parameters are in siemens db_description ... but i couldnt find this one...
    my advice would be disable it in some cells
    also take into accound number of TRX per node so you can really believe there´s lapd overload ...

5. Thanks franzey thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 159

Thanks for the info.
    It is clear what the parameter does now.