Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: Question - Phones\Broadband Modems\Cellular Modules Compatibility with DT Tools

Member Reputation: 228

Default Question - Phones\Broadband Modems\Cellular Modules Compatibility with DT Tools

Hello everybody,

I have an ambiguity that I would like someone with some related knowledge to clarify for me.

I know that not all phones are compatible with drive testing tools (Anite, Ascom etc...), especially commercial phones. The reason is due to the fact that the used FW on these phones might not be tracing enabled or it is tracing enabled but traceing messages are not compatible with these DT tools. Am I right?

Now, what about data cards (broadband modems). As far as I know (and I might be mistaken), I can buy any commercial data card and directly connect it somehow to a drive testing tool (given that they are compatible of course) and start collecting DT traces. Am I right? .. If I was, then how come this is possible? what about modem FW limitation when it comes to internal chipset tracing? Is there any standard regarding data cards that makes them universal across all DT tools?

My last inquiry is about cellular modules (mainly modules used for IoT with cellular capabilities). Are they compatible somehow with some DT tools?

I know that I have many misconception about this topic, so please feel free to correct me before answering my questions.
    Thanks
    Last edited by zeezzoo; 2017-11-18 at 10:09 PM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement