Thanks Thanks:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Ceragon RFU-D new ODU

Moderator Reputation: 153

Default Ceragon RFU-D new ODU

Hi friends
    during recently closed MWC17 event,
    Ceragon published a new kind of ODU named RFU-D, probably an evolution of RFU-C(the old Design).
    Probably the D version transceivers makes use of some kind of SubBand free technology (similar to already available IAP/IAG NEC ODUs)

I'm searching some detail on this new project because I have very limited performance figures on that

thx
    **** COMMODORE 64 BASIC V2 ****
    64K RAM SYSTEM 38911 BASIC BYTES FREE
    READY.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 16

Default Re: Ceragon RFU-D new ODU

The Info I have is new IP20C will support 4096QAM on single 112 Mhz channel with one IP20C you will be able to get 2Gbps and 2 x IP20C 4Gbps with MIMO.

Member Reputation: 261

IP-20C will not support 4kqam and 112Mhz. To what I know the IP20C will not be enhanced. The new RFU-D will support 4kqam and 112Mhz. RFU-D is a SplitMount type of ODU with a Cat5 or Fiberoptic to the IDU instead of IF-cable.

Can you share some details on the Sub-Band free approach NEC has?
    I heard Nokia will have it too with its new MW platform

CR

Member Reputation: 16

IP20C will remain as is, but there will be a full outdoor unit with 4K QAM support similar to the IP20C. Probably first unit will ve Split. 4096 QAM is very sensitive to noise and environment, thus probably for reliability you need more processing power and until this may be integrated in a single unit a Split unit may be offered but it's a matter of time to get to the full ODU.

You are right, the first version is a Solid Mount type RFU which supports 112Mhz & 4096QAM. They will also have SplitMount E-Band Radio which makes the IP20N a Multitechnology nodal system. Quite interesting offering I believe.
    Yeah, 4kqam is sensitive to noise, hence I believe the 4kqam is something for Marketing and to push some Best Effort traffic ahead of Committed Traffic. Don't think that anyone will design its network based on 4kqam.

Agree with you that In general 4096QAM provide few % of capacity more ( 5 -7%) with high impact on noise sensitive
    but (IMHO) the players able to provide 4K demonstrates superior capability in RF production and design.

So at least it's a sign of superior cares in process and component selection, so"maybe" you could expect better performance also in other conditions

For exemple ...the fact the Ceragon IP20C or Cambium PTP820 modulates @ 1024QAM in 80MHz channel , it doesn't give me so much confidence
    Last edited by simog72; 2017-04-18 at 10:56 PM
    READY.

Yes, it demonstrates high RF performance, however, all players except Ceragon source their components on the market. Cera develops their on modem and RFICs. At least it gives them control over the specs and performance while the others are depending on the 3rd party vendor. Well, t there are always two sides which need to be considered.
    I believe Ceragon will closer the gap to the others soon and will have their own 'nice to sell' features.
    Can you share some more info on the Sub-Band free solutions?

...i'm sure more then one player use proprietary solutions for RFIC and/or for Modems

in anycase i would be focused on offer better performance and quality for the customer instead on "how i reach that"

just my opinion..

what's your curiosity about suband free NEC ODUs?
    READY.

"Sub-Band free" sounds great as a Marketing Term, i'm interested what it is about technically. Is it for specific bands only or for the entire range from 6Ghz to 42Ghz? Any idea about Insertion Loss for such a model?

Back to the 4kqam, you made the point! Better performance is always more appreciated than the Marketing words of 'how i reach that'. As performance, i'd define it as System Gain and Radio Capacity.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Agree with you that In general 4096QAM provide few % of capacity more ( 5 -7%) with high impact on noise sensitive
    but (IMHO) the players able to provide 4K demonstrates superior capability in RF production and design.

So at least it's a sign of superior cares in process and component selection, so"maybe" you could expect better performance also in other conditions

For exemple ...the fact the Ceragon IP20C or Cambium PTP820 modulates @ 1024QAM in 80MHz channel , it doesn't give me so much confidence