Thanks Thanks:  5
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Very Low HSUPA throughput in entire HUAWEI network

Member Reputation: 48

Default Very Low HSUPA throughput in entire HUAWEI network

Dear Expert
    In our network, HSUPA throughput is very low. Its only 60 to 70 Kbps.
    I think there is some algorithm/switch are missed in network which cant identified by ours.

In these situation we need your kind support Please.

Eagerly awaiting for your expert feedback plsss

BR//
    miles

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 476

Default Re: Very Low HSUPA throughput in entire HUAWEI network

Quote Originally Posted by miles12 View Post
    Dear Expert
    I think there is some algorithm/switch are missed in network which cant identified by ours.

BR//
    miles
    Hello,
    if the UEs are capable of HSUPA , it first allocates HSDPA/HSUPA, normally users are downloading and UE sends small amount of data on HSUPA while it has HSUPA service (HSUPA always is with HSDPA)
    So the low rate of HSUPA could be due to user activity and system behaviour
    So it is highly suggested to check the HSUPA throughput by only drive test to evaluate the its performance
    Further more it is better to look nodeB stats for evaluating the HSDPA/HSUPA throughput ( The RNC counters will show lower throughput than nodeB's ones )

please note the SF of HSUPA can vary from SF32 up to 2XSF2 + 2XSF4

when you identify those things then you can look at the parameters , features , UL RSSI in the network and so on

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by babak1349 View Post
    Hello,
    if the UEs are capable of HSUPA , it first allocates HSDPA/HSUPA, normally users are downloading and UE sends small amount of data on HSUPA while it has HSUPA service (HSUPA always is with HSDPA)
    So the low rate of HSUPA could be due to user activity and system behaviour
    So it is highly suggested to check the HSUPA throughput by only drive test to evaluate the its performance
    Further more it is better to look nodeB stats for evaluating the HSDPA/HSUPA throughput ( The RNC counters will show lower throughput than nodeB's ones )

please note the SF of HSUPA can vary from SF32 up to 2XSF2 + 2XSF4

when you identify those things then you can look at the parameters , features , UL RSSI in the network and so on

Cheers

Thanks a lot

But i have conduct Drive test as well and found 50-60 Kbps average thruput from the filed as well.

"Further more it is better to look nodeB stats for evaluating the HSDPA/HSUPA throughput ( The RNC counters will show lower throughput than nodeB's ones )"

Dear, It will be great help if you mention the counter name or list by which i have to check.

Also Can you explain about SF32 to others and which one is better.

Thanks for your support.

BR//
    Miles

Thanks a lot

But i have conduct Drive test as well and found 50-60 Kbps average thruput from the filed as well.

"Further more it is better to look nodeB stats for evaluating the HSDPA/HSUPA throughput ( The RNC counters will show lower throughput than nodeB's ones )"

Dear, It will be great help if you mention the counter name or list by which i have to check.

Also Can you explain about SF32 to others and which one is better.

Thanks for your support.

BR//
    Miles
    hello
    when you are uploading a file, you need to look at the throughput .... if you are on HSDPA/HSUPA and downloading a file then your hsupa throughput will be low do you have this problem every where in all sites ?
    about counters , it depends on which vendor you are using... I am familiar only with E*******
    if you are sure about the DT and its results...
    1) check the RAB assignment message to make sure the QOS allows high data rate (user profile in HLR might be set to very low values for UL)
    2)make sure that your UE it is on HSUPA...
    3) check the QOS setting for TN and nodeB ..
    4) check the nodeB parameters which by you can get HSUPA throughput limited ...
    i think choosing the SF is depends on required traffic and radio conditions and system automatically decides... but still it can be limited by some parametrs which limit maximum HSUPA throughput

cheers

cheers

6. Thanks esoestemp thanked for this post
    VIP Member Reputation: 1017

dear
    could you please share the GFGMML for better checking if possible,thx

Dear Expert

BR//
    miles

Hello Mounir brother, Did you mean GFGMML or CFGMML?
    Sorry i am little bit confused .But i will be able to provide required data.

Quote Originally Posted by mounir34 View Post
    dear
    could you please share the GFGMML for better checking if possible,thx

Thanks babak .
    I am asking for huawei brother. UE absolutely capable for HSUPA
    would you please tell me..
    1) check the RAB assignment message to make sure the QOS allows high data rate (user profile in HLR might be set to very low values for UL)
    User profile has no limit. RAB assignment message ??

which SF is the best for uplink and how to limit SF to get the best HSUPA throughput.
    How to check QoS setting plsss
    Which parameter should i check??

Thanks in advance brother..

Quote Originally Posted by babak1349 View Post
    hello
    when you are uploading a file, you need to look at the throughput .... if you are on HSDPA/HSUPA and downloading a file then your hsupa throughput will be low do you have this problem every where in all sites ?
    about counters , it depends on which vendor you are using... I am familiar only with E*******
    if you are sure about the DT and its results...
    2)make sure that your UE it is on HSUPA...
    i think choosing the SF is depends on required traffic and radio conditions and system automatically decides... but still it can be limited by some parametrs which limit maximum HSUPA throughput

cheers

cheers

VIP Member Reputation: 1017

i mean CFGMML,thx
    Hello Mounir brother, Did you mean GFGMML or CFGMML?
    Sorry i am little bit confused .But i will be able to provide required data.

11. Thanks miles12 thanked for this post

Thanks babak .
    I am asking for huawei brother. UE absolutely capable for HSUPA
    would you please tell me..
    User profile has no limit. RAB assignment message ??

which SF is the best for uplink and how to limit SF to get the best HSUPA throughput.
    How to check QoS setting plsss
    Which parameter should i check??

Thanks in advance brother..
    sorry mate I am not familiar with Huawei
    in The RAB Assignment message you can see what is DL/UL limit which is a part of QOS implementation (even though you don't know about user profile in HLR)
    in 3G QOS (majority) implemented on TN part so if anything wrong with the TN/nodeB setting for example setting UL maximum throughput for PS to a low value, may impact the throughput... so you need to consult with TN/NodeB engineer if the QOS has been implemented.. TN setting may have big role if you have problem everywhere...
    in Eric...sson in nodeb the parameter eulMaxAllowedSchRate can limit the user HSUPA throughput
    So you might find similar parameter

Normally you can not select SF system might dynamically change it or UE select it based on traffic demand or radio conditions
    but you may be able disable or enable HSUPA 2ms (or maybe licensed) but even without HSUPA 2 ms you get get throughput up to 1.2 Mbits

It is important to make sure :
    1) if you have the same problem every where and each cell ( it shows you a common problem so the reason could be something in common like users profile, nodeB/TN setting, license issue etc ...)
    2) it is important to see if HSUPA is functional how you can do it ? you might check the Stats like as EUL traffic , EUL RAB establishment success and attempts ( you can even compare it with overall PS RAB establishment attempts and success ..)

hope the comments can help you..

Dear Mounir vai
    In Our network I have found two mention parameter with setting as below,
    UL streaming traffic threshold on HSUPA = D64 and
    UL BE traffic threshold on HSUPA = D64

Above two parameter, restrict the HSUPA throughput??

BR//
    miles

Quote Originally Posted by mounir34 View Post
    i mean CFGMML,thx