Thanks Thanks:  5
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Very Low HSUPA throughput in entire HUAWEI network

Member Reputation: 48

Default Re: Very Low HSUPA throughput in entire HUAWEI network

Thanks bro. Does anyone know about the parameters on Huawei side ??

Quote Originally Posted by babak1349 View Post
    Sorry mate .. no idea about Huawei Have you had checked the document ? I know it is nodeB parameters maybe you are checking the RNC parameter

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mounir34 View Post
    for sure the HSUPA Channel ( E-DCH ) is better for theroughput,
    dear if all sites are impacted ;please check IUB Bandwith ,

check below counter if any
    VS.IUB.FlowCtrol.DL.Delay.UpBW.Num.LgcPort1
    VS.IUB.FlowCtrol.DL.DelayCong.DownBWNum.LgcPort1
    VS.IUB.FlowCtrol.DL.Drop.UpBW.Num.LgcPort1
    VS.IUB.FlowCtrol.DL.DropCong.DownBWNum.LgcPort1
    VS.IUB.FlowCtrol.UL.DropCong.DownBWNum.LgcPort1
    VS.IUB.FlowCtrol.UL.DelayCong.DownBWNum.LgcPort1
    Thanks mounir brother

Bw is ok. No choking as well. I will provide you cfgmml very soon bro.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

A little offtop just to understand: UE in 3G usually shows "UMTS" when there are no data traffic, and switches to "HSPA+" when there is some traffic. So, as I understood, the threshold between umts and hspa+ modes is mentioned here?
    This threshold specifies the rate threshold for decision which channel to use E-DCH or DCH to carry UL PS Domain
    When the maximum UL rate is >= to this threshold, the service will be carried on E-DCH(HSUPA Channel).otherwise will be carried in DCH ,
    so will not effect the throughput , did you activate TTI 2ms ?
    What are the names for the mentioned modes? Ok, HSPA+ means release 7 operation (or DC-HSPA+ means rel. 8), but what about UMTS? What means "UMTS mode"? WCDMA? Sometimes, when traffic does not noticed and UE remains in "UMTS" mode, delays becomes 4-5 times greater and, probably, throughput degrades significantly. So I want to understand the difference between reported modes umts and (DC)HSPA+, what means "UMTS"?

Also maybe this switching is not working for the topicstarter?

Dear Mounir vai
    CFGMML file attached

please let me know if any problem found. I am eagerly awaiting brother.

Quote Originally Posted by miles12 View Post
    Hello Mounir brother, Did you mean GFGMML or CFGMML?
    Sorry i am little bit confused .But i will be able to provide required data.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Member Reputation: 587

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Dear,

Next time remove the CN from RNC CFGMML so your carrier isn't shown to all.
    From a quick look in the config file seems things are OK.

I am checking some cells parameter and I see you have increased them and also removed HSPA admission control from them, pointing me in a high utilization of your network.

ADD UCELLCAC MAXHSUPAUSERNUM 124,96

while your ERGCH&HIC codes are max 3, this is a planning mistake.
    for 96 it should be 5 as the HSUPA user number is ERGCH&HIC Code number * 20 >= 96. So should be 5.
    Also it is a feature and I don't know if you activated it or not the license.

WRFD-010639
    96 HSUPA Users per Cell
    LQW1HSUPA08RES
    96 HSUPA Users per Cell (per Mbps)
    BSC6900 BSC6910
    Method 4#
    per Mbps

To allow for 80 HSUPA users in a cell, activate the license "96 HSUPA Users per Cell". - also HSUPA128/96 feature is suggested to be open in the case there are a lot of users and also low data requirement(Voip etc) but in your case you need higher data requirement.

Your ROT values are 75 and some others 90, but this will give power congestion and also high RTWP(In mass event it is suggested to go low as 50%).

If your maxHSUPA user number is achieved and in your case is 60 as ERGCH&HIC is 3 the 61 user trying to access as HSUPA user will be rolled back to DCH user, so basically 0-64kbits as if you pass 64kbits you get E-DCH channels.(HSUPA), check DT if possible.

also the BEHSUPA2MSTTIRATETHS(SET UFRC) = D384 is set to a very low value, if you have high utilization this one will give a lot of headache(except gold users if you excluded them from LDR)

Please share the mean RTWP values of any site also the congestion counters, specially for Uplink, UL CE, also the MAXHSUPA user number counters.(VS.HSUPA.UE.Mean.Cell,VS.HSUPA.UE.Max.Cell,VS.MeanRTWP).

as for initialRTWP in the R16 it moved at MOD RXBRANCH command(NodeB).

If you can share 2hrs in busy hour of performance files(in the RNC ftp you can find them) we can check the counters ourself.

B/R
    Last edited by samuraial; 2017-10-31 at 11:51 PM
    Still learning.....
    If you find my post useful please add reputation and click on Thank You button

My default password is: HERE

6. Thanks miles12 thanked for this post

Thank you very much bro

In our network HSUPA user not more . Its max 36 to 40 in your network.

My question , if I use to set max user 124 or 90, but our actual HSUPA user number less than 40, then ERGCH code will cause any effect???

BR//
    miles

Quote Originally Posted by samuraial View Post
    Dear,

Next time remove the CN from RNC CFGMML so your carrier isn't shown to all.
    From a quick look in the config file seems things are OK.

I am checking some cells parameter and I see you have increased them and also removed HSPA admission control from them, pointing me in a high utilization of your network.

ADD UCELLCAC MAXHSUPAUSERNUM 124,96

while your ERGCH&HIC codes are max 3, this is a planning mistake.
    for 96 it should be 5 as the HSUPA user number is ERGCH&HIC Code number * 20 >= 96. So should be 5.
    Also it is a feature and I don't know if you activated it or not the license.

WRFD-010639
    96 HSUPA Users per Cell
    LQW1HSUPA08RES
    96 HSUPA Users per Cell (per Mbps)
    BSC6900 BSC6910
    Method 4#
    per Mbps

To allow for 80 HSUPA users in a cell, activate the license "96 HSUPA Users per Cell". - also HSUPA128/96 feature is suggested to be open in the case there are a lot of users and also low data requirement(Voip etc) but in your case you need higher data requirement.

Your ROT values are 75 and some others 90, but this will give power congestion and also high RTWP(In mass event it is suggested to go low as 50%).

If your maxHSUPA user number is achieved and in your case is 60 as ERGCH&HIC is 3 the 61 user trying to access as HSUPA user will be rolled back to DCH user, so basically 0-64kbits as if you pass 64kbits you get E-DCH channels.(HSUPA), check DT if possible.

also the BEHSUPA2MSTTIRATETHS(SET UFRC) = D384 is set to a very low value, if you have high utilization this one will give a lot of headache(except gold users if you excluded them from LDR)

Please share the mean RTWP values of any site also the congestion counters, specially for Uplink, UL CE, also the MAXHSUPA user number counters.(VS.HSUPA.UE.Mean.Cell,VS.HSUPA.UE.Max.Cell,VS.MeanRTWP).

as for initialRTWP in the R16 it moved at MOD RXBRANCH command(NodeB).

If you can share 2hrs in busy hour of performance files(in the RNC ftp you can find them) we can check the counters ourself.

B/R
    Last edited by miles12; 2017-11-01 at 09:01 PM

Member Reputation: 476

Quote Originally Posted by miles12 View Post
    Thank you very much bro

In our network HSUPA user not more . Its max 36 to 40 in your network.

My question , if I use to set max user 124 or 90, but our actual HSUPA user number less than 40, then ERGCH code will cause any effect???

BR//
    miles
    Hello,
    low number of ERGCH will not cause you low HSUPA throughput but it might impact the soft handover for HSUPA ( it is used for HSUPA user in the soft handover region) if you have too many HSUPA users and you have limitation on ERGCH (less code of SF256 is allocated which will be used for HARQ and EGRCH in the same time) then you may face some failure in HSUPA RL addition due to lack of available code and signature for ERGCH...
    So when you have too many HSUPA user , then you need to adjust the number of codes for ERGCH as well .. I meant you have to increase it

cheers
    Last edited by babak1349; 2017-11-02 at 12:09 AM

9. Thanks m7nsh thanked for this post
    Senior Member Reputation: 587

Dear,

There are some statistics that were asked and I cannot see you share them here.
    Or you can do us a favor and share the NORMAL files under your RNC ftp at this location /bam/common/MeasResult for 2 busy hours. The files have .mrf extension.
    This way we can check your KPI's and will help us identify the problem, also share the HSUPA max throughput counters.
    I still didn't see the RTWP values also, what formula are you using for HSUPA average throughput per user?

There is no point in going in circles like this, just share what you are being asked m8 so we can help.

PS: RTWP problems m8?http://www.finetopix.com/showthread....stment-feature lol

B/R
    Last edited by samuraial; 2017-11-02 at 12:48 AM
    Still learning.....
    If you find my post useful please add reputation and click on Thank You button

My default password is: HERE

Dear Mounir bro
    No BW problem found. check all countered.

yes will effect throughput especialy RTWP ,but i think the RTWP is Ok in your Network !!!!!
    please check the below counter for Iub

VS.IUB.FlowCtrol.DL.Delay.UpBW.Num.LgcPort1
    VS.IUB.FlowCtrol.DL.DelayCong.DownBWNum.LgcPort1
    VS.IUB.FlowCtrol.DL.Drop.UpBW.Num.LgcPort1
    VS.IUB.FlowCtrol.DL.DropCong.DownBWNum.LgcPort1
    VS.IUB.FlowCtrol.UL.DropCong.DownBWNum.LgcPort1
    VS.IUB.FlowCtrol.UL.DelayCong.DownBWNum.LgcPort1

Dear Samuraial
    ok I wll share as soon as possible bro.

Dear, I need to now about BEHSUPA2MSTTIRATETHS= D384. I found two associated parameter with this.

Could u please explain about this parameter.?? Our network is not congested as well. in this case aht might be the below ???

BR//
    Miles

Quote Originally Posted by samuraial View Post
    Dear,

There are some statistics that were asked and I cannot see you share them here.
    Or you can do us a favor and share the NORMAL files under your RNC ftp at this location /bam/common/MeasResult for 2 busy hours. The files have .mrf extension.
    This way we can check your KPI's and will help us identify the problem, also share the HSUPA max throughput counters.
    I still didn't see the RTWP values also, what formula are you using for HSUPA average throughput per user?

There is no point in going in circles like this, just share what you are being asked m8 so we can help.

PS: RTWP problems m8?http://www.finetopix.com/showthread....stment-feature lol

B/R
    Last edited by miles12; 2017-11-02 at 01:47 AM