Thanks Thanks:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Spectrum Efficiency

VIP Member Reputation: 1017

Default Re: Spectrum Efficiency

i used the below formula is it correct ?

Spectral Efficiency (b/s/Hz): Total Throughput (bps)/Bandwidth(Hz)

Cell Uplink Average Throughput (kbps) : [L.Thrp.bits.UL]/[L.Thrp.Time.Cell.UL.HighPrecision]
    Cell Downlink Average Throughput (kbps) : [L.Thrp.bits.DL]/[L.Thrp.Time.Cell.DL.HighPrecision]

VIP Member Reputation: 1017

for 3G :

Spectral Efficiency (b/s/Hz): Total Throughput (bps)/Bandwidth(Hz) where

Total Throughput is the sum of:

· Mean Throughput for One HSDPA Cell = VS.DataOutput.Mean/(VS.DataTtiRatio.Mean - VS.HSDPA.InactiveDataTtiRatio.Mean)
    · Mean Throughput for One HSUPA Cell: [VS.HSUPA.Thruput.ROTAll]/([VS.HSUPA.DataTtiNum]*{0.002})

Junior Member Reputation: 12

(L.Thrp.bits.DL-L.Thrp.bits.DL.LastTTI)/L.Thrp.Time.DL.RmvLastTTI / Average PRB --- this is how i will intend to formulate..
    any suggestion? what do u think?

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Hi ,

I can't download this document, Please can you give me a direct link. Thank you a lot

Senior Member Reputation: 311

Quote Originally Posted by mounir34 View Post
    for 3G :

Spectral Efficiency (b/s/Hz): Total Throughput (bps)/Bandwidth(Hz) where

Total Throughput is the sum of:

· Mean Throughput for One HSDPA Cell = VS.DataOutput.Mean/(VS.DataTtiRatio.Mean - VS.HSDPA.InactiveDataTtiRatio.Mean)
    · Mean Throughput for One HSUPA Cell: [VS.HSUPA.Thruput.ROTAll]/([VS.HSUPA.DataTtiNum]*{0.002})
    It's little bit long time. But I think Spectrum effiency taking about how much data traffic a network can support. It means that your network should in condition "fully load". In case of low load, Thrput could become better, it's not show real Spectrum effiency because interference will rise more when more load. To estimate your network effiency you should devide network to "clutter load", meaning almost sites have the same load, then combine the above formula to draw the trend and estimate how much you can get on your network.

Member Reputation: 49

Quote Originally Posted by mounir34 View Post
    dear
    please if you have the complete formula for huawei thanks to share it with us
    Dear Sir

For HW vendor
    Load evaluation based on spectral efficiencyUse this function when the spectral efficiency difference between inter-frequency cells is large, for example, greater than 30%, and the traffic models of UEs in different frequencies are independently and identically distributed. The spectral efficiency of a cell can be evaluated by using the formula L.Thrp.bits.DL/L.ChMeas.PRB.DL.Used.Avg, in which the counters are measured at busy hours.

this will be found in MLB feature topic