Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: 3G UE with CQI trimming option

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default 3G UE with CQI trimming option

Good day! I'm searching for possibility to trim (adjust) CQI (Channel Quality Indicator) for the UE (User Equipment). By means of this I want to do my UE a little bit more pessimistic. The goal is to reduce BLER rate at the condition, when RSSI fluctuations occurs very rapidly and UE lag in optimal AMC (Adaptive Modulation and Coding scheme) specification for the NodeB.
    Such situation sometimes occurs when the UE is in the move. Preliminary testing shows that the NodeB of the local cellular operator does not have any adaptation by the BLER=10% target. By using Huawei 3372h I can't access BLER, however it can be seen from a lot of delayed and lost packets when the UE starts to move rapidly, with speed or direction fluctuations.

For now I'm using huawei 3372h in stick mode to get access to the AT commands. However, 3372h does not provide CQI adaptation possibility (or I dont now it), but I want to try to do it more pessimistic and may be it helps to reduce BLER (of course DL speed will reduce too, but I can tolerate with it). Maybe there is any other UE USB dongle solution, that provide CQI trimming? By means of visual interface, by terminal commands, config files or something else.. If anybody now such sollution, please suggest it!

Thank you!
    Last edited by orion777; 2017-09-24 at 03:58 PM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement