Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Call setup time in LTE problem.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Call setup time in LTE problem.

Dear experts.
    Now in my LTE network, we try to reach the target Call setup time (CST) less than 6s. When we test, we found that the diffrence between Galaxy note 4 and Galaxy note 5 (TEMS software):
    - Note 4 MO - Note 4 MT: ~ 6.4s (mobility test, in fix mode test about 5.3s)
    - Note 5 MO - Note 5 MT: ~ 7.7s (mobility test, in fix mode test about 6.4s)
    Do you have any idea for this case? and in your LTE network, normaly CST how many s?

2. Thanks william.dg08 thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 83

Default Re: Call setup time in LTE problem.

can u share TEMS samples of these two cases.
    what is the CSFB scenario used , is measurement based or blind redirection/handover
    u can check from L3 signaling which extra messages are responsible of the time difference.

Member Reputation: 18

It has some phases in the setup period, so can you post the logfile so we will check which is the problem?

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Hello

Can you please let us know, how can we get VoLTE layer3 message in samsung s7, it's looks like s7 is not used qualcomm IMS stack for VoLTE call.

Thanks in advance

Member Reputation: 228

Quote Originally Posted by sandeeprathor29 View Post
    Hello

Can you please let us know, how can we get VoLTE layer3 message in samsung s7, it's looks like s7 is not used qualcomm IMS stack for VoLTE call.

Thanks in advance
    It actually depends on the chipset used in that phone. If it is qualcomm then you might need to use xqdm maybe. In any case, I believe that you can enable Anroid radio logging and get some hints about SIP signalling (which is application layer protocol not L3).

Member Reputation: 98

Quote Originally Posted by sandeeprathor29 View Post
    Hello

Thanks in advance
    Hi, what type of L3 message you are looking for? Can you give us few examples? I have used 6 different Samsung handset models for VoLTE test. None of them were have Qualcomm IMS client although the chipset inside was Qualcomm. It had Samsung's own IMS client so we had to capture RTP/SIP packets to analyze VoLTE calls. But the problem is when IPsec is implemented the SIP packets are encrypted, no way to read unless you get it IPsec deactivated or manage to decrypt SIP packets using IK/CK.

Member Reputation: 98

Quote Originally Posted by zeezzoo View Post
    It actually depends on the chipset used in that phone. If it is qualcomm then you might need to use xqdm maybe. In any case, I believe that you can enable Anroid radio logging and get some hints about SIP signalling (which is application layer protocol not L3).
    Hi Zeezzoo, implementation of Qualcomm IMS stack may not depend on Chipset. It possibly depends on the device vendor as I heard. I found SE & LG with Qualcomm chipset using Qualcomm IMS stack. Also found many Qualcomm based Samsung phones using their some internal IMS stack. How to activate Android radio logging to capture SIP messages? Have you tried it on any specific handset?