Thanks Thanks:  2
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: HTTP Web Page Throughput Issue

Senior Member Reputation: 321

Default HTTP Web Page Throughput Issue

Hello experts,

we have http web page browsing throughput issue in our network. we dont have any problem in http download or ftp download. our problem only web page browsing throughput low. we use same web browsing web page link for all operators but our result lower than others. In this case, it is not related web page link.

please share your ideas.

Thanks.
    Best Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 502

Default Re: HTTP Web Page Throughput Issue

Mostly it is due to some where throttle in network , your FTP where located near to UGW/SGW? if yes then you need to troubleshoot after them which may be coming either ISP or you internal firewall or switch congestion issue .

BR
    RF engineer

Senior Member Reputation: 321

my question is not ftp issue. my problem exist only in web page browsing test. we using same web page link for other operator and result good for other operators.

Quote Originally Posted by RF engineer View Post
    Mostly it is due to some where throttle in network , your FTP where located near to UGW/SGW? if yes then you need to troubleshoot after them which may be coming either ISP or you internal firewall or switch congestion issue .

BR
    Best Regards

VIP Member Reputation: 1852 carver's Avatar

I advise you to swap your network for huawei or zte equipment.
    it sell core equipment for free, and just ask money for BTS and licensed speed.
    You can be absolutely sure, paid money - got a good speed and support.
    No hidden costs and problems, compared to other.
    Last edited by carver; 2017-06-12 at 08:11 AM
    /carv

Senior Member Reputation: 502

Quote Originally Posted by vasili_koslov View Post
    my question is not ftp issue. my problem exist only in web page browsing test. we using same web page link for other operator and result good for other operators.
    My suggestion for FTP use is to make sure you have no internal issue. and other operators may not have issue what you have , that why you need to make test from MS-> RNC"FTP installed close to RNC" if not then test MS->UGW "FTP installed close to UGW" , if not then see your DNS performance , if not do have any block on firewall ,,,,,, in this way you can find the root cause.

BR
    RF engineer

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Since there is no problme in HTTP/FTP download, most probably this is an issue with DNS. you may want to capture wireshark traces and find out if DNS response time is the culprit. it will also help to know which client are you using. perhaps you are creating too many TCP connections (HTTP 1.0 like behavior). you can also look at the stats in the performance panel of the browser. e.g. if you are using chrome, press f12, load the page , go to "network" tab. press individual resources on bottom left and see for yourself where was the maximum time spent.

8. Thanks mashi123, vasili_koslov thanked for this post