Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: RTN Redundancy Solution?

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Post RTN Redundancy Solution?

Dears

We had one two RTN980 that aggregates some links in our core room, now I want to protect the network as highest level of protection, for example, each RTN aggregates 70 LTE sites when this RTN is gone all sites will be down, does anyone have the solution when this RTNs is down directly shifted the traffic to other two RTN?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 69

Default Re: RTN Redundancy Solution?

Quote Originally Posted by hogrrbs View Post
    Dears

We had one two RTN980 that aggregates some links in our core room, now I want to protect the network as highest level of protection, for example, each RTN aggregates 70 LTE sites when this RTN is gone all sites will be down, does anyone have the solution when this RTNs is down directly shifted the traffic to other two RTN?
    Hello,

I once saw something like a 1+1 hot backup which promises a hot backup for power supply modules, system control boards, cross-connect and synchronous timing boards and Redundancy protection for fan modules etc, but i am not sure it is available in RTN 980. Even at that, it doesn't promise to move traffic from one RTN to another.

Member Reputation: 261

Default Re: RTN Redundancy Solution?

You might look into an equipment that can provide NSPoF - No Single Point of Failure meaning you can protect Controller Cards, Line Interface Cards, Modem boards, Power Supply boards etc. Ideally this system offers a quick switchover with a convergence time of sub 50msec. Not sure if the Hua box provides this