Thanks Thanks:  4
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: MTH800 "Clear" to "TEA"

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default MTH800 "Clear" to "TEA"

Hello, how could I convert a "clear" tetra radio (MTH800 for example) to a "TEA" radio?

I have looked info and manuals in this forum but no saw.

thanks!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: MTH800 "Clear" to "TEA"

Let me suppose that YES. But how you will upload the keys (you will need KVL3000 with special TETRA firmware in it) and where you will get SIMs?
    Last edited by AnRegs; 2017-04-17 at 03:06 AM

4. Thanks pcsugus thanked for this post

well, thanks for your reply. I think that could exist a firmware to import to the radio with the CPS plus and then can use Air interface Encryption such as Class 1,2 for TMO and DMO.

Later, for example, if I am in DMO without SIM, maybe importing KARs/KAGs, will encrypt traffic air beetwen two radios. SO, anyone have something to add??

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AnRegs View Post
    Let me suppose that YES. But how you will upload the keys (you will need KVL3000 with special TETRA firmware in it) and where you will get SIMs?

Member Reputation: 28

Quote Originally Posted by pcsugus View Post
    well, thanks for your reply. I think that could exist a firmware to import to the radio with the CPS plus and then can use Air interface Encryption such as Class 1,2 for TMO and DMO.

Later, for example, if I am in DMO without SIM, maybe importing KARs/KAGs, will encrypt traffic air beetwen two radios. SO, anyone have something to add??

thanks
    Hello!

For TEA, you need no SIM; for E2EE you need it. TEA is the Air Interface Encryption. With TEA1 SCK you need a KVL to import the keys into the radio. This KVL is very expensive and hard to find. The you need the TEAx Firmware for the radio. TEA2 must be activated in a radio with a special SIM.Without the activation; it´s a normal radio.

7. Thanks pcsugus thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 77

Quote Originally Posted by bytehunter73 View Post
    Hello!

For TEA, you need no SIM; for E2EE you need it. TEA is the Air Interface Encryption. With TEA1 SCK you need a KVL to import the keys into the radio. This KVL is very expensive and hard to find. The you need the TEAx Firmware for the radio. TEA2 must be activated in a radio with a special SIM.Without the activation; it´s a normal radio.
    Hi,
    FYI the new MTP3550 which is E2EE capable comes without a SIM card slot.

9. Thanks pcsugus thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by kondoros View Post
    Hi,
    FYI the new MTP3550 which is E2EE capable comes without a SIM card slot.
    Hi!
    Yes, for E2EE you can use the SIM, or an image of the SIM runs in the memory of the Terminal.

11. Thanks pcsugus thanked for this post

Hello!

Could you say me more about "TEA1 SCK" ? I would like to create in DMO a group and encrypt this conversation.
    Where I could get the the tea firmware to the radio?
    thanks.

Hi!
    Yes, for E2EE you can use the SIM, or an image of the SIM runs in the memory of the Terminal.
    Where I could get an E2EE sim? or read more about it? It is possible to use with DMO too, or only TMO?
    Thanks
    Last edited by pcsugus; 2017-04-18 at 07:59 AM

Quote Originally Posted by pcsugus View Post
    Could you say me more about "TEA1 SCK" ? I would like to create in DMO a group and encrypt this conversation.
    Where I could get the the tea firmware to the radio?
    thanks.

Where I could get an E2EE sim? or read more about it? It is possible to use with DMO too, or only TMO?
    Thanks
    For SCK you need a keyloader. It looks like a PDA and cost some thousand Euros.
    Without the keyloader, you don´t need a TEA1 Firmware.

A sim or Keyfile for E2Ee you can perhaps became from an TETRA provider, who use E2EE. This you can use at TMO and DMO. But for free; no chance.

For SCK you need a keyloader. It looks like a PDA and cost some thousand Euros.
    Without the keyloader, you don´t need a TEA1 Firmware.

A sim or Keyfile for E2Ee you can perhaps became from an TETRA provider, who use E2EE. This you can use at TMO and DMO. But for free; no chance.

Ok, i know that all encyption requires money, so, do you know some tetra provider that have e2ee cards?