Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Activity factor for WCDMA

Member Reputation: 82

Default Activity factor for WCDMA

Hello Experts,
    does anybody know if E******* counters can give the Activity Factor or an estimation of it? If yes, which ones please?

The activity factor of an NodeB or of a packet session, is the % of time the user is transmitting or receiving information over the session time.
    So 50% means that over a 5 minutes packet session, the cumulated transmission duration was 2,5minutes.

Thanks for your time and response !

Regards,

Oliv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Reputation: 473

Default Re: Activity factor for WCDMA

Quote Originally Posted by oliv1912 View Post
    Hello Experts,
    does anybody know if E******* counters can give the Activity Factor or an estimation of it? If yes, which ones please?

The activity factor of an NodeB or of a packet session, is the % of time the user is transmitting or receiving information over the session time.
    So 50% means that over a 5 minutes packet session, the cumulated transmission duration was 2,5minutes.

Thanks for your time and response !

Regards,

Oliv
    Hi,

No special counter/KPI defined for this purpose but since W16B new counter pmUpswitchSessAccessSuchFach is introduced and it might be useful for your analysis. Refer to this counter explanation. Hope it helps.

Cheers

Member Reputation: 82

Hello, many thanks for your response! I have reviewed all the documents I have, but I could not find the definition of pmUpswitchSessAccessSuchFach. Would you have it by any chance? Cheers

Moderator Reputation: 473

Quote Originally Posted by oliv1912 View Post
    Hello, many thanks for your response! I have reviewed all the documents I have, but I could not find the definition of pmUpswitchSessAccessSuchFach. Would you have it by any chance? Cheers

UtranCell pmUpSwitchSessAccessSuccFach sequence:long [16] PDF,ropReset
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Number of times a session upswitch attempt has been successfully completed within a time interval, measured from the first trigger of the session upswitch from FACH or URA state.
    The individual counter elements are stepped based on the following ranges:
    [0]: 0 <= x < 1 s
    [1]: 1 <= x < 2 s
    [2]: 2 <= x < 3 s
    [10]: 10 <= x < 11 s
    [11]: 11 <= x < 12 s
    [12]: 12 <= x < 13 s
    [14]: 14 <= x < 15 s
    [15]: 15 <= x s
    Condition: Incremented by one on successful session access upswitch or at reception of RNSAP Uplink Signalling Direct Transfer from DRNC indicating that the UE has moved to neighbour RNC.
    An upswitch attempt belongs to a session access if the attempt qualifies as any of the following:
    -A new trigger
    -UL Event 4a
    -DL High Buffer Load event
    -A repeated trigger (received after previous rejected upswitch attempts in a time defined as two times the minimum time between two UL Event 4a or DL High Buffer Load events plus a 100 millisecond guard time)
    In case of repeated Cell Update messages from the UE, the counter is pegged in the cell associated with the last Cell Update.
    Counter type: PDF
    Scanner: Not included in any predefined scanner
    Counter is reset after measurement period: Yes
    Context: SRNC
    MinLength=16 MaxLength=16