Thanks Thanks:  2
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: ICS Telecom User Manual

Member Reputation: 51

Default ICS Telecom User Manual

Does anyone have the full user manual for ICS Telecom V14?
    I would greatly appreciate if anyone could share it with me.

Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default ICS Telecom User Manual

Could anyone tell me from where i get the Lab manual of CCNA Security.... Kindly send me the link if anyone have..... .

Member Reputation: 34

Default Re: ICS Telecom User Manual

Hello to everyone,
    I'm looking for tutorial/manual about coverage along the vector line. I successfully imported vector, represents railway line with Lat/Long/Height. So how I can do prediction, over the vector line, with the designated subscriber (4m antenna above vectror line, not above groaund).
    Many thanks for any response.
    Alex.

Member Reputation: 1351

The "Reports/Area covered/Vector polygon coverage..." feature that is computing surface and population covered limited to activated polygon(s) on the map.
    The population dataset needs to be first defined in " Reports/Area covered/Area files setup ... ".
    The population can then be linearly distributed (the percentage of area covered inside each contour will give the percentage of corresponding population covered) or distributed per clutter.

Dear probabaja,

Many tnx for response, but I think we didn't understand each other. I don't want to do coverage or analysis inside polygon, I want to do coverage over the vector line, taking into account the real height of vector line (Z coordinate). When I import vector line (mif/mid or dxf or shp,...), and do the Tx/Rx FS coverage calculation, I can see the FS distribution over the vector line (Map/Vector Layer/Coverage analysis along vector line). But I think that ICS observes my vector as ,,line over the ground", not as ,,line in the space".

I'm analyzing a radio network on Railway, so I have a vector that represent the rail in space (wiht X,Y and Z). As you know, the railway track may be few meters above the ground, especially in the cases of bridges and overpasses. So I want to see the FS distribution in some points, along the vector, at the 4m above my vector line (4m is height of locomotive's antenna above the rail).

I hope now is little bit clearly what exactly I want to do.

Best Regards.

Member Reputation: 1351

Field Strength received along a train line

Running the calculations with Subscribers
    Create subscribers along a train line, from menu Subscriber/Generate subscribers/Generate subscribers along vector line...
    Define the subscribers parameters.
    Choose the distance between subscribers, according the length of the vector line and the number of points you want to check the coverage.
    Now, to get a report with the FS level received by the subscribers, go to menu Subscriber/Point to point/All servers/Omni directional antenna:
    We will get a report that can be shown in CSV format, pressing the button ‘List’.

Running the calculations without Subscribers
    There are different ways to run the calculations and get the FS strength received in every point of the vector file :
    1. FS received on each point of the vector file
    From menu Map/Vector layer/Point to point calculation along vector lines (from stations).
    The graphic will be displayed, showing the maximum FS received on each point of the vector file.
    Press the ‘List’ button to generate a report in CSV format, containing all the information for everycoordinate point of the vector file

2. Result obtained on each point of the vector file
    Go to menu Map/Vector layer/Coverage analysis along vector lines...
    This option extracts at each point of the vector lines, the results values present on the terrain. The resulting graph shows at each vector point the results values present in memory along the vector lines. Press button ‘List’ to get a report in CSV format.

8. Thanks docraska thanked for this post

Dear probabaja,

Many thanks for very nice and clearly explanation. I have just tried all of 3 scenarios, and I learned something new, for sure. But I think that this still not solve my “problem“.
    The reason is following: ICS ignores Z coordinate in all cases (mid/mif, dwf, shp, kml). If you are looking into structure of .VEC file (Map/Vector Layer/Edit Vector File), you can’t find Z coordinate. So in any of those 3 scenarios my vector is putted on the ground, not in desired Z position.
    Fortunately, this can be solved as follows. After File/Import/Vector Layer, I run command Map/Raster Operation/Modify altitudes along vector line. The ICS ask me to choose .CSV file with the structure like altitude m;distance m. Distance means distance of every vector’s point from start of the vector.

There is pretty easy to make this .CSV file. I’ve loaded my 3D DWG railway track file into the Global Mapper and I’ve chose option Export/Export Vector/Text File. So I got a .CSV file with X;Y;Z. With the simply vector math formulas in Excel I’ve modified initial .CSV file and I’ve got desired .CSV file with altitude m;distance m. After that I’ve loaded this file into ICS, with option Map/Raster Operation/Modify altitudes along vector line.

But here is a big catch.

When ICS loads a vector, the vector is modified in accordance to DTM grid, so we get some king of zig-zag line instead continuous polyline (as we can see in AutoCAD). To see this you can load vector directly into Elevation Layer. Regarding this, our vector in ICS has a different length than the original. In my case the original vector is 2950m (in AutoCAD as well as in .CSV) but in ICS vector’s lengt is 3109m. This also means that my .CSV is unusable because it doesn’t represents this modified vector correctly.
    Now my task is to get .CSV of this zig-zagged vector, from ICS, and try to do something with it, in powerful Global Mapper.

Certainly thank you very much for your time explained me this useful futures. If I achieve something good I’ll explain here.

Best Regards

10. Thanks probabaja thanked for this post