Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Atoll ACP problem with twinbeam antenna

Senior Member Reputation: 311

Default Atoll ACP problem with twinbeam antenna

Hi friends,

Could you share your experience how to setup ACP for twin-beam antenna to get the best result?

I have an issue when ACP adjustment azimuth. Twin-beam antenna has 2 beams actually, with associated with 2 transmitters those share antenna.

In ACP process, Atoll changed azimuth for some transmitters (but changed only one of two beams). When I committed the ACP, Atoll changed azimuth for both beams (of couse, for share antenna). Then the result was not good.
    Do you guy can get better setup? I mean it can push Atoll change both beams when it calculation ACP?

I list my setup in Atoll:

1. Setup share antenna in Transmitter table for 2 antennas:

Share antenna.jpg

2. Setup antenna in ACP:

- Group by antenna pattern:
    Antenna Partern.jpg

- Setup configuration on ACP:
    Configuration.jpg

Thanks,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

VIP Member Reputation: 2724

Default Re: Atoll ACP problem with twinbeam antenna

Working With Multiple-Beam Antennas
    Some manufacturers provide antennas that generate multiple-beams, also known as dual-beam or split-beam antennas. These antennas typically use two or more beams that have a negative and positive electrical azimuth offset from the mechanical antenna azimuth.
    Modelling multiple-beam antennas in Atoll requires one antenna pattern diagram for each beam. Each beam pattern is then defined as a shared antenna with its own electrical azimuth. When changes are made to the position offset (Dx, Dy), azimuth, antenna height, or mechanical tilt of one antenna, Atoll automatically applies the same changes to the other beams. For more information, see Sharing Antennas Among Transmitters.
    Because each beam is defined by a different antenna pattern for each combination of half-power beamwidth, electrical tilt, and electrical azimuth, the list of antenna patterns might become overwhelming. You can use the filtering feature of the Antenna Selection Assistant to filter antenna patterns with the appropriate electrical azimuth as well as other characteristics. For more information, see Assigning Antennas to Transmitters.
    To define a multiple-beam antenna:
    1. In the Network explorer, expand the Transmitter folder, right-click a transmitter, and click Properties. The Transmitter Properties window opens.
    2. On the Transmitter tab of the Transmitter Properties window, under Main Antenna, click Select. The Antenna Selection Assistant opens.
    3. Specify the Electrical azimuth corresponding to the first beam offset, as well as the other characteristics that are required for the antenna.
    4. Choose an antenna pattern in the Available antennas list, and click OK.
    5. On the General tab of the Transmitter Properties window, enter a Shared antenna name. This is a name that will identify each multiple-beam antenna on the site.
    6. Click OK. On the map, the display of the transmitter now takes into account the electrical azimuth in addition to the mechanical azimuth.
    7. Repeat steps 1 to 6 for each additional beam.
    8. In the Network explorer, expand the Transmitter folder, right-click one of the transmitters, and click Properties. The Transmitter Properties window opens.
    9. On the Transmitter tab of the Transmitter Properties window, specify the mechanical azimuth for the multiple-beam antenna, and click OK.
    On the map, each beam of the antenna is displayed as a separate transmitter oriented towards its own electrical azimuth, which is an offset of the mechanical azimuth. If you now use the mouse to change the azimuth of either of the beams (see Changing the Azimuth of the Antenna Using the Mouse), the other beams sharing the same Shared antenna name move together on the map.

Senior Member Reputation: 311

Hi Dmitry,

I did follow Atoll guide as you mentioned actually. It run properly with display. But Atoll has the issue with ACP azimuth. In ACP, it calculate to change independently some transmitter no metter those one share antenna or not and got better coverage. But when commits Atoll also applies the same changes to the other beams assosiated. After commits everything, network coverage even worst than before despite good ACP result.

Thanks for your support.

Site on Map.jpgTransmitter.jpg

VIP Member Reputation: 2724

Hi Linhhy,

It seems to me that the field Shared Antenna must be filled as follows:
    11.jpg

Member Reputation: 44

I faced same problem with linhhy

Linhhy's configuration is same with mine and it's allright

Even the last ver Atoll & User manual don't describe about ACP with multiple-beam antenna

Forsk should fix this ASAP