Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Interference in the 800 Mhz LTE, 20 Mhz bandwith

Member Reputation: 25

Default Interference in the 800 Mhz LTE, 20 Mhz bandwith

Hello:
    In my network I have several cells with external interference in LTE 800.
    the interference is narrowband, looking at the cell performance I can see that it affect only one RB, but after a while the interference move to the left and affect a different RB, the interference can stay active for many days always in the same position and with the same energy or suddenly disappear.
    Does anyone have any idea what can be the interference source, and any idea how to mitigate it?
    Just look to the print screen images attached.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 19

Default Re: Interference in the 800 Mhz LTE, 20 Mhz bandwith

Can you share the exact frequencies of the UL bandwidth in your region.

hello Muhammad:
    here it is:
    Network Type LTE (FDD)
    E/U/ARFCN 6350
    Band Name EU Digital Dividend
    Uplink Frequency
    (phone to base station)
    852 MHz
    Downlink Frequency
    (base station to phone)
    811 MHz
    Band Number 20

Network Type LTE (FDD)
    E/U/ARFCN 6350
    Uplink Frequency
    (phone to base station)
    852 MHz
    Downlink Frequency
    (base station to phone)
    811 MHz
    Band Number 20

Member Reputation: 518

how much RSSI detected at eNodeB? if it happen at only 1 RB i dont think its an interference, all your subs is mobile users or there are any CPE equipment at your network?
    ~do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking~

file pass: KroBeLux

Senior Member Reputation: 782

Smile Re: Interference in the 800 Mhz LTE, 20 Mhz bandwith

Quote Originally Posted by javierinfante View Post
    Hello:
    In my network I have several cells with external interference in LTE 800.
    the interference is narrowband, looking at the cell performance I can see that it affect only one RB, but after a while the interference move to the left and affect a different RB, the interference can stay active for many days always in the same position and with the same energy or suddenly disappear.
    Does anyone have any idea what can be the interference source, and any idea how to mitigate it?
    Just look to the print screen images attached.
    I was having the same issue like you javier and we had to buy a spectrum analyzer, with this device i was able to find out where the external interference was coming from, inmedeately I got in touch with the other operator that was making noise into our band wich by the way is 2.5 ghz LTE and problem solved all the interference dissapeared in all the 5 EnodB that were beign affected I Think you will have to go out and make test with the spectrum analyzer I tried everything possible since my office nothing worked out I have to go out to the field and make test by myself is the best choice. if you do not have a spectrum analyzer you can hire a company that offers that service believe me for me it was the only way. check the other operator frequency , is there any other operator working in the same band as you are???
    Last edited by Jose1975; 2016-12-14 at 01:18 AM

Senior Member Reputation: 470

Quote Originally Posted by Jose1975 View Post
    I was having the same issue like you javier and we had to buy a spectrum analyzer, with this device i was able to find out where the external interference was coming from, inmedeately I got in touch with the other operator that was making noise into our band wich by the way is 2.5 ghz LTE and problem solved all the interference dissapeared in all the 5 EnodB that were beign affected I Think you will have to go out and make test with the spectrum analyzer I tried everything possible since my office nothing worked out I have to go out to the field and make test by myself is the best choice. if you do not have a spectrum analyzer you can hire a company that offers that service believe me for me it was the only way. check the other operator frequency , is there any other operator working in the same band as you are???
    Could I have a questions?
    Your site was like sitesharing with other operators (church, ...)? Looks like PIM, or not?.
    The noise what you mentioned, was narrowband or wideband?
    Was that noise coming from combination of 2G-2G of other operator, or from combination of 2G-4G of other operator?

Senior Member Reputation: 782

Smile Re: Interference in the 800 Mhz LTE, 20 Mhz bandwith

Quote Originally Posted by tpkj View Post
    Could I have a questions?
    Your site was like sitesharing with other operators (church, ...)? Looks like PIM, or not?.
    The noise what you mentioned, was narrowband or wideband?
    Was that noise coming from combination of 2G-2G of other operator, or from combination of 2G-4G of other operator?
    the noise was wimax vs LTE and in my case my company works with LTE BAND 2.5 GHZ and 2.6 GHZ and the other operator was working in wimax in the band 2.5 ghz and 2.6 ghz the frequencies used by the other operator were very close to our frequencies so in order to solve this issue I decided to use noise filters in our radios and antennas to get rid of the interference in the other hand the other operator was fined because they were using a frecuency of our band.
    Last edited by Jose1975; 2016-12-14 at 07:40 AM

Member Reputation: 19

Quote Originally Posted by javierinfante View Post
    hello Muhammad:
    here it is:
    Network Type LTE (FDD)
    E/U/ARFCN 6350
    Uplink Frequency
    (phone to base station)
    852 MHz
    Downlink Frequency
    (base station to phone)
    811 MHz
    Band Number 20

Network Type LTE (FDD)
    E/U/ARFCN 6350
    Uplink Frequency
    (phone to base station)
    852 MHz
    Downlink Frequency
    (base station to phone)
    811 MHz
    Band Number 20
    The most frequent sources in 800 MHz band are due to the PIM or CATV leakage (In case you have Cable TV networks in your country). The Audio component of the TV signal spans over 200 ~ 400 Khz. check for the spectrum scanning option and look for the above mentioned possibilities. You can consult the PIM calculators which are also available online.

BR
    Jamil

it was an interference, very clear in the FFT scan and also in the PRB interference check. now the interference has gone by itself.

We have a service from the telecom department that check for interference when we report any, the problem is that many times the interference disappear before they to go onsite.
    And the strange situation is the fact that is a narrowband interference very strong and permanent, it can be active for several days all the time or suddenly disappear.